Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Problemas con Intel Dual Band Wireless-ac 3160 en Dell Inspiron 3458

NLeit
Beginner

Estoy teniendo problemas con ese controlador desde que intente actualizarlo con la herramienta de Avast para actualizar controladores, desde ese momento mí computadora no agarra WiFi y tampoco muestra ninguna configuración sobre eso, solo sobre ethernet, he intentado de todo, incluso la inicie desde una USB y le volví a instalar el Windows 10 pero sigue el problema, me muestra el controlador con un triángulo amarillo, al "solucionar problemas de red" indica que es algún problema con el hardware o el controlador, intente actualizar el controlador en "administrador de dispositivos" y me fue peor, ya que al reiniciar no pasaba del logo de Dell, tuve que entrar en modo seguro y regresar al controlador anterior y ahora estoy así sin WiFi, he probado desinstalar el controlador (antes al buscar cambios volvía a salir y me permitía conectarme) y ahora en las propiedades del mismo indica un código de error 10 (en las imágenes sale), el único otro controlador que se pudo haber actualizado puede ser el de Realtek PCle FE Family pero siento que no debería darme estos problemas porque la formatee, también le hice los diagnósticos de BIOS y no me dan ningún error, sé que es un desastre y que es mí culpa pero agradecería ayuda porque necesito la laptop urgente, me da miedo instalarle cualquier cosa y que empeore... Agradecería ayuda!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NLeit, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. We would like to gather your system configuration to further assist you. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
NLeit
Beginner

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Estoy esperando por una respuesta, ya subí el reporte.

I'm waiting for an aanswer, I already uploaded the report.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NLeit, Thank you for your response. When receiving Code 10 in Device Manager, the recommended solution is update the driver. We provide generic drivers, so we recommend using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers first. Please check your system model and install the drivers recommended by DELL* https://www.dell.com/support/home/cr/es/crbsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-14-3458-laptop/drivers You may also follow these steps to perform a clean install of the wireless drivers. Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html If the issue persists, please let us know if the wireless adapter came preinstalled in your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Thanks for answering, umm I went to the first link, I put my operative system and all of that but I don't know which should I download, can you help me with that? I'm really nervous of something going wrong again... I will download the driver through my cellphone or my tablet because I cannot access to the internet with my laptop, WiFi is my only option and I can't.Screenshot_20190227-115237.jpgScreenshot_20190227-115449.jpgScreenshot_20190227-115411.jpg

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Also, I found out today that I have a problem with Bluetooth, which is not that necessary but I want to fix it, so which drivers should I download to make both things (WiFi and Bluetooth) work? The problem with the Bluetooth is similar to the problem with the Wifi, in the laptop doesn't appear anything about it.​

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Help?​

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NLeit, Please find below the drivers recommended by your system manufacturer. I pasted the direct download link. Click on it to download the package driver. Wi-Fi Driver Versión: 20.10.1.1190 ,A00 https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04678665M/1/Intel-3160-7260-3165-7265-Wi-Fi-Driver_5TJF1_WIN_20.10.1.1190_A00.EXE Bluetooth driver: Versión: 20.90.1 ,A07 https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER05269448M/3/Intel-3160-3165-7260-7265-8260-8265-legacy-Bluetooth_VCF8W_WIN_20.90.1_A07.EXE NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
NLeit
Beginner

Hey, I'm having problems when I try to install the WiFi driver, I run it as administrator, then I click on "yes" and "install" and this appears, I haven't tried with the Bluetooth DriverIMG_20190228_145259.jpg

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

And now this message appeared ​ "If this program didn't run correctly, you can try running the program using the compatibility settings" (the message was in Spanish, that's why I didn't put a picture, instead I searched the translation) and I didn't know what to do, after a couple of minutes the message disappeared. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NLeit, Thank you for your response. If the OEM driver did not work, then you can try installing the following generic driver. For Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 Version: 20.110.0 (Driver version = 18.33.15.1 for Windows 10 for 7265 (Rev. C), 7260 and 3160 adapters.) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=75442 If the issue persists, please let us know if the Intel® Wireless adapter came preinstalled on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Were you able to install the drivers? You should be able to install these drivers since these are the versions provided by your computer manufacturer for your particular computer model. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Oh hi! I didn't answer because I haven't tried yet, I don't have my laptop close, approximately in 6 hours I will try because I'm not in my house, I hope it works because I really need my laptop, thanks for caring, I will answer again with the result as soon as I can!​

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Well it didn't work neither, I tried double click, I tried running as administrator but it didn't work, nothing shows off in the screen after this ​

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

I click on "yes" (si) of course, but nothing happens after that, I'm getting really mad at my laptop. I have to mention that I turned it on, and surprise: it seemed like the wifi worked, I wanted to know if the issue was fixed so I turn it off and then I turned it on but this time the wifi settings didn't appear like before, so I tried to install the last thing that you told me but as I told you, it didn't work.IMG_20190301_201457.jpg

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

And I guess the driver came preinstalled because the first time I used the laptop I didn't have to do any of installation and all those things.​

0 Kudos
NLeit
Beginner

Well I found a way to access to the Wifi settings, I go to the device manager, and look for the driver, then I select update the Intel Dual Band Wireless-ac 3160 and search in this

device, chose in a list of drivers in the device and then the Intel Dual Band Wireless-ac 3160 appears and I choose it, and the wifi worked again so I tried to download in the computer the drivers that you told me, the first installed correctly but it caused a problem when I turned on my laptop it didn't pass the Dell logo, so I restored the sistem, I tried installing the other option and it seemed to work fine, but the Intel Dual Band keeps giving me problems, sometimes the wifi works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the wifi symbol appears but with a big red x, I guess this issue doesn't have a solution because I have tried everything, even start from 0 the PC, and the same error keeps going on, Right now the only choice that I have is doing that thing of updating the driver to the one that is on my device, sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes the PC freeze, right now I'm going to install office and idk, I feel like is something like when I turn on the PC like it doesn't recognize or starts the driver but I don't know... What do you think? Is my only solution buying a wireless usb adapter?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello NLeit, Thank you for following up the steps recommended. Since connectivity issues also occur when using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, this could be a hardware problem. You may also use a USB network adapter, but we recommend contacting your computer manufacturer to obtain further instructions and warranty options. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos