Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Problems with AC 8265 adapter

VP_
Beginner

Hello guys!

I have problems with my Intel wireless adapter AC 8265 installed on my Asus X510UQ laptop with Windows 10 Pro.

It starts working and works for some time but then drops the Internet connection while still being connected to our 2.4 GHz network. I noticed that it would still exchange data with our wifi but that data is around a couple of kilobytes.

The other laptops my neighbors have work absolutely fine (even with lower signal adapters). I have tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them numerous times ( at some point I reinstalled the whole system) - nothing changed. I tried using the version that came with the installation disc (19.40) but it was overwritten by Windows inbox driver ver. 19.50. I used the latest driver - 20.10 - and it didn't fix that, even though the speed were higher when it actually managed to work.

I wonder if my new laptop needs to be replaced because of a faulty adapter. I would also appreciate if there's a fix for that or any diagnostics I can try.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello vicpetrov,

Your post has been moved to our Wireless Networking Support Community.

We understand you're experiencing connectivity issues with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

In order to better assist you, we would like to take a better look at your system.

1. Please download and run the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility.

2. Select to scan "everything," and run the scan while connected to your wireless network (if possible).

3. Save the report and attach it to your reply.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vicpetrov,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. In order to continue, please share the information requested.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
VP_
Beginner

Hello!

It seems like the issue was solved for some time but after the recent Windows update it occurred again.

I have collected the logs. High hopes your can help me.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vicpetrov,

Please try updating to the new driver released today: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27475/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 Version: 20.30.1

If the issue continues with this new driver, please create and share a new Intel® SSU report. We would also like to look at your WLAN Auto-Config log:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WlanReport\ locate wlan-report-latest.html

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
VP_
Beginner

Hi!

Thank you for letting me know.

It worked for some time but now it is back again.

Please see the attached log file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am too facing the same issue, "Frequent wifi disconections" in Dell Latitude 5480. I have updated WLAN driver to "20.40.0.4" version, but still getting frequent disconnect issues. Please find attached the WLAN report.

0 Kudos