Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Problems with Wifi-link 5100 agn?

idata
Employee

i have toshiba A505-S6960 from Bestbuy.After 6 moths of using, the wireless is not good. The wireless adapter is disapeared in Device when i scan. My driver version is 13.1.1.1. I try to uninstall and re-install but the situation is the same and with yellow exclamation. But I can use normally the Wireless USB. Could you tell me how I can fix this problem. When i repair, it say" the network wireless adapter is experiencing problems or harward related". But sometimes I use wireless hours with this adapter Intel.

So Problem is hardwares or softwares? Thanks every body

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

i bet your lappy has a hard on/off switch right i have had the same problem on a satelite A200 i am still working on it once i am able to figure it out i will let you know i believe it has something to do with the switch but i am still working on it

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/message/85886# 85886 http://communities.intel.com/message/85886# 85886ok i did some looking and on this post buddy found a whitelist on toshiba's website and he had to put a piece of tape over pin 20 and it worked so try that

0 Kudos