Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Random wifi disconnects intel ax200

Kgiratas148
Beginner

So, i was really hoping to have figured this out by now, but, im having a ton of issues with my motherboards integrated wifi, I've reached out to them but they never responded so im hoping by going to the source of the driver/hardware area of the web i can get this sorted out

The issues im having are random disconnects, it will say "no internet" yet still be connected to the network, it will happen randomly, and out of nowhere, or when im trying to download anything, whether its from Steam, or even small files from the internet. Though for some reason simply browsing the internet and watching youtube videos doesnt affect it at all.

For reference, my specs are
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 (the one with the Intel 2x2 802.11ax wireless)
WiFi adapter: Intel WiFi 6 AX200 160MHz
Driver: 22.10.0.7
Modem/Router(im not sure which one it is sorry): Zyxel c1000z from CenturyLink

Things I've tried:
- Changing the channel from ax to ac
- reinstalling drivers
- clearing CMOS/Resetting BIOS
- limiting my bandwidth

Things that sort of work:
- I can narrow it down to the WiFi adapter on my motherboard because any other usb WiFi adapter will work just fine (at very very slow speeds of course)

Im not sure what else to add here, but please, im begging for help at this point, i just want working WiFi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kgiratas148,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following report and information to continue with your support request.

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

2-Please answer the following questions so we can have a better understanding of your issue. 

-When did the problem start to happen?

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

-Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

-Is this a new computer?

-Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

-Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

-Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

-Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

-Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

-Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

-Would you mind providing me a picture or a video of the way the adapter is connected to your motherboard? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Kgiratas148
Beginner

-When did the problem start to happen?

It started happening as soon as i installed drivers from gigabytes website to get the antenna to even function

-Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

I suppose it happened after an update, but the first time i updated drivers was to get the antenna working

-Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

It is my home environment.

-Is this a new computer?

I just built this computer so yes, the motherboard itself was sealed and brand new from Newegg

-Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

It came with my motherboard the only adapters i have added were to get a stable connection (as i said, at very very slow speeds)

-Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

I dont have any other networks to connect to so im not entirely sure. 

-Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

before i had this motherboard i was able to have a proper connecting using one of the usb wifi adapters i mentioned before.

-Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

the hardware i installed would be the motherboard, cpu, and gpu.

-Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?

ive tried multiple drivers from this website, as well as the one listed on gigabytes website

-Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Ive rebooted it, i cant reset anything else on it since my family is the one who owns it.

-Would you mind providing me a picture or a video of the way the adapter is connected to your motherboard? 

I hope i got the report file correct, as well, the picture i attached is where the antenna attaches to the motherboard, i have tried switching the connectors around as well.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kgiratas148,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the information provided and the report you shared with us we would like to recommend the following:

-Please try to complete a clean installation of the latest customized driver from your motherboard manufacturer and if that doesn’t work you are welcome to test your system with a clean installation of our latest generic driver.

Latest original manufacturer driver

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt

Note: to find the driver please follow this path: Support > Downloads > WLAN+BT > Intel WIFI driver version [2‎1.80.0.4] > Download.

Latest generic driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-io/wireless.html

Note: These instructions can be used with both drivers.

-Please bear in mind that when an Intel component is integrated into a third-party environment such as your motherboard the manufacturer develop customized drivers for that component in order for the integration to work successfully; therefore, their driver is meant to be the best option for you; however, sometimes our generic drivers can fix issues like this mostly because even though, they lack any customization at all they present the latest and greatest feature enhancements and bug fixes that manufacturers may not have customized yet to address platform-specific needs.

-After you complete each installation please make sure you are using the recommended settings for 802.11ax Connectivity

Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057574/network-and-i-o.html

-It is worth to mention that even though you weren’t sure what modem you are currently using with your system the one you provided the Zyxel c1000z from CenturyLink doesn’t seem to be AX compliant, which would actually explain the reason why this adapter is not functioning correctly with it, but with the other older adapters it works slow but well, in the link below you will see the specs we found for it.

https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/modems-and-routers/zyxel-c1000z.html

-Please bear in mind that even though the modem is not AX complaint the only way to know for sure if it is going to work well with this adapter will be by contacting the manufacturer of it so you can corroborate that with them and make sure that if it’s supposed to work well with this adapter, what firmware version would they recommend having and what recommended settings they would suggest so the overall connection can be more consistent.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kgiratas148,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Kgiratas148,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Victor G. 

0 Kudos