Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Re: About windows 10 crash problem with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

idata
Employee

Hello joshuachen,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue already been resolved? Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JChen217
Beginner

Sorry to forget. I tried as you said, but it didn't work. I uninstalled the wifi network adapter Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 (new version) in Device Manager and marked the option "Delete the driver software for this device". But when I Rebooted the PC or scanned for hardware changes, the wifi network adapter (old version) was detected and installed. And then I repeated the actions to uninstall, but it has not the option "Delete the driver software for this device". I repeated the process above. But the network adapter (old version) was detected and installed every time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello joshuachen,

Apologies for the delayed response. It seems my answer branched the /thread/109327 thread (not sure why), and I had not followed this one.

As for your question, once you get to that point in the installation process, sometimes Windows* may not allow you to remove the base driver. You may proceed with the next step without any worry.

If this resolves your issue or if you need help with any other step, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
JChen217
Beginner

Ok, I will try it again. Thank you and if this resolves the issue, I will let you know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

joshuachen,

Great. Hopefully the clean installation helps.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
JChen217
Beginner

Hi, Carlos A.

I try it again, but the issue was not resolved. I called the computer manufacturer for help and customer service staff asked me to send the laptop to service center for test. Now I am waiting for their test result.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello joshuachen,

It is fairly common for these type of issues to end up being caused by hardware problems. We hope your computer manufacturer is able to repair or replace your adapter.

If you need any further assistance, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos