Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Re-connectivity Issue on Intel Dual Band AC-7260 chipset on 2.4 GHz radio.

SDohr1
Beginner

Hi

I am using Intel Dual band Wireless-AC 7260 Adapter on my Dell Latitude E5440 laptop, I can see regular L2 reconnection i.e. probe,auth,reassoc to the same

Essid on 2.4 GHz radio from chipset to Access Point. This impacts my connectivity and i can see ping loss during re-connecting period too. Help me here and let me know if any fix already available for this to use on 2.4 GHz. Any workaround is also welcomed.

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Sachindohre,

Which type of environment is this happening?

Could you please provide more details on the issue?

What are the current drivers you have for this adapter?

0 Kudos
SDohr1
Beginner

Driver version: 17.0.5.8 and 17.16.1.2 in both.

Details:

Have verified on Intel Wireless Event Viewer followings:

No beacon mismatch or sync issue log came which is seen generally whenever there is reconnection due to it.

No change in parameter of probe message sent from laptop while reconnecting.

Let me know if you need any specific Details on it.

Environment:

I am not sure what are different kind of environment that is relevant in this issue, pls provide option so that i can choose.

Thanks

Sachin Dohre

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

SachinDohre,

We have recently come up with driver version (18.40.0) for this adapter which contains a lot of fixes. Please try it out and let us now if it worked for you. For your convenience, here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Drivers & Software - Please make sure to download it according to your OS version and architecture 32 or 64 bit.

As for the environment, what we meant by this was if you are using this in a domestic or corporate environment.

0 Kudos