Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Replace Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter with Intel

Whard
Beginner

I am looking to replace my network adapter ( Atheros/Qualcomm QCA6174 - 802.11ac Wireless Network), with an Intel. I would also like to update to the latest Intel adapter. 

From what I can see, the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 is a match. I would like a higher speed such as the AC-9260, but this appears to be for 8th generation. If possible, could provide me with the information on a replacement  or point me in the right direction?

My Computer: Acer Aspire Vn7-792g-70ky

CPU Intel Core i76700-HQ

Intel HD Graphics 530 (Skylake-H GT2)

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1909

OS Build: 18363.1016

Bluetooth Version: HCI9.0 / LMP9.602

1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Whard,  

I hope the previous information was useful.

Please remember to check with the manufacturer of your system to check full compatibility before integrating a wireless card.

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Whard, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please keep in mind that the installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. An Intel® Wireless Adapter installed in a system that is being sold on the market doesn't necessarily mean that same wireless adapter can be used or installed in any other systems for the above mentioned reason. Based on this, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. You are required to follow the manufacturer's post-approval requirements, check that here: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html 

In this case, you should check with Acer* for the compatible wireless cards with this system, additionally; they might be able to sell this card to you and help you with the installation, even provide the warranty for that card. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Whard,  

I hope the previous information was useful.

Please remember to check with the manufacturer of your system to check full compatibility before integrating a wireless card.

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos