Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Reset wireless AC 3165 when USB HDD connected

Beginner

I want any hint or advice for me to do something to recover my issue.

I use a small computer having Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

When I connect USB HDD, network access becomes too slow, this is the issue.

After my analyze, I recognize that there are many errors repeatedly in the system log, such as following.

- Resource:Netwtw04, Event:5007, TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

- Resource:NDIS, Event:10400, The network driver requested that it be reset

This errors are continuously seen during the USB HDD is connected, and it is disappeared if USB HDD is disconnected.

This issue has just started since yesterday, but before the day I had no issue using same USB HDD with this 3165 for more than 1 years.

Today I tried to update the driver software of 3165, but the issue still remain.

Details of other system info are following.

- CPU Intel Core i5-7200U 2.50GHz

- RAM 8 GB

- OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

- PC supplier : Skynew https://www.skynew.jp/

- PC model : M3S

- USB : Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0

- USB HDD case :  CRCH35U3IS2  https://www.century.co.jp/products/crch35u3is2.html

HDD SATA 2TB in 1st slot, and 1TB in 2nd slot.

Before yesterday I used only 1st slot.

Yesterday I used the 2nd slot at the 1st time, and after that timing this issue might be started, and now the issue must happen even if only the 1st slot is used.

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello 3165, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

3. Do you have issues with Wi-Fi only or Bluetooth as well? 

4. Can you provide the brand and model number of the external USB HDD you are using? 

5. When you mention the issue does not happen with the second slot, is it a USB slot for the HDD or is it a second slot for the wireless adapter? Please explain.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Beginner

Thank you for quick advice.

The original adapter was pre-installed.

Issue was seen only on WiFi, but actually BT is not used. At least no error log was seen.

The property of the disk device is ASMT 2115 SCSI Disk Device.

The property of the storage controller is USB SCSI (UAS) mass storage device.

The slot meant the disk slot of USB HDD case. There are 4 slots in the case for 1 USB connection, and power supply of each HDD slot can be independently on or off.

Since error is now not seen, I do not intend to try the SSU as of now. If the error would be seen again in future, I may try it at that timing.

0 Kudos
Beginner

I have just reached a workaround, even though the cause of error is still unclear.

What is the workaround is that I prepare USB to WiFi adapter and install the driver.

After only the new driver installed without attached the adapter, the 3165 error became to disappear now.

I will watch if this workaround is going to keep stable for some weeks.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello 3165,  

Thanks for the update. 

Based on that I would like to know if you have an update for this case or if you consider the issue fixed?  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello 3165,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello 3165,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos