Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Roaming still occurs on 5100 even with Roaming agressiveness to 0

SAugs
Beginner

In the manual it makes a contradictory statement:

"Your wireless client does not roam. Only significant link quality degradation causes it to roam to another access point."

Does it roam or NOT?. It seems that it does roam even if roaming aggressiveness is set to 0. The only workaround I have found is to disable "Wifi scanning when associated" but this seems to disable it from automatically connecting to any AP including administrator approved APs.

I have the administrative profile set to only connect to administrator profiles so it theoretically shouldn't connect to any non-preapproved profiles, but even with roaming aggressiveness to 0 it still seems to want to roam to another AP that was NOT admin provided. How am I supposed to get it to automatically connect to the approved AP, but NOT to any other random AP that the machine might drive past.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

You may add the undesired SSIDs to the exclusion list from Intel® Proset, Properties button, Manage Exclusions. You may also force the connection to your current AP only by opening the desired Profile window and click on Advanced button; then, add the mandatory AP's MAC address.

0 Kudos