Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Says no Internet, but I am connected.

Bar54
Beginner

I have a Intel Duel Band AC 8265.

I am up to date on all updates. Intel, Windows 11, and Toshiba Dynabook.

On November 18th this issue started. Microsoft assured me a reset would fix the problem, it did not. 
I have gone through the gamet of uninstalling, reinstalling. DNS clearing.

Roll back on drivers etc.

Any other suggestions?

When I turn off the WiFi and turn it back on, I have 2 seconds on connectivity, until it says no connection. I have internet, but Microsoft, Intel and other do not recognize me as being connected.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Bar54
Beginner

What is the model of the motherboard?
Manufacturer     Product             SerialNumber                   Version
TOSHIBA             50M PCBA 1    C0445819B0K1S00P      Version A0

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Toshiba Tecra - A50-E

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes, besides the Windows* update, that might cause this issue?

No

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

With the Laptop

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

It happens on more than one WiFi connection. I have tried two different StarLink connections and currently on DirectLink

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Bar54, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Accroding to the information shown in the SSU report, the wireless driver version currently installed in your computer is: 20.70.32.1, which is provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html?wapkw=ac%208265

The Intel® wireless drivers are generic and they might or might not work as expected on your device. Based on that, we always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

I looked on TECRA website and the latest wireless driver version they have available is 21.70.16.4. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions on the links below:

https://support.dynabook.com/support/driversOSResults?freeText=1200017856

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

We also recommend to get in contact directly with Toshiba Support to verify that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your machine or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

http://www.toshiba.com/support/

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bar54
Beginner

Hello Albert, 

I did a clean install of the Toshiba driver. It did correct the problem. 

I went to Toshiba/Dynabook support, which shows that my computer is "up to date" with bios. It does show newer versions available, but they are not recommended for my machine. I will try an email to support and see if I get a confirmation response. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Bar54
Beginner
Ugg I did not proof well.
It DID NOT correct the problem. And now my Intel update notifications is calling to update to the newer drives.
Which would not be a problem if it was fixed.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Bar54, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, it is great to know that the problem got fixed after installing the Toshiba driver and now the Internet connection is working properly. Thank you very much as well for taking the time to confirm that information.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Bar54, Thank you very much for providing those results, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

We will be more than glad to further assist you, just to confirm:

When you said that it did not correct the problem, you mean the original issue "Says no Internet, but I am connected, is that correct?

You mentioned, your Intel update notifications, are you using an Intel® tool to update drivers, what is the name of that application?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Bar54, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Bar54, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos