Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Slow download speed on AC 8265

BJant
Beginner

Hello,

I've bought a new laptop (with Intel Wireless AC 8265) since last week and I experienced some issue on the internet connection of the laptop. Sometimes when the laptop connected to the internet, the entire network became suddenly slow for a period of time. And when I opened some programs, especially games (Overwatch, GTA V (online)), the entire network is significantly slow and with increasing ping and finally disconnected from the game server. But immediately when I closed the game, everything seems fine again. Moreover, the download speed of the laptop is considerably slower than my phone (also with 802.11ac dual band), but the upload speed are the same or even faster on my laptop. But watching even 4K video on Youtube didn't affect like those aforementioned games, even if it should affect more.

I followed a lot of threads in Intel community and also other communities (e.g. Microsoft) and saw a lot of workarounds but none of them worked for my case. The following are my attempts on this,

- Disabled RSC on the adapter (already undone because I believe that Windows released the patch for that and my laptop is already updated)

- Changed MTU from 1500 to 1400

- Changed in the advanced setting of network

-- Switch between VHT and HT mode but no difference

-- Lower roaming aggressiveness

-- Enabled/Disabled U-APSD support

-- Uninstalled Intel PROSet driver and installed from Lenovo website (my laptop is Lenovo E470)

I also attached the log from Intel SSU.

Note: my previous 4-year-old laptop was able to run those games very well without internet problem

Best regards

0 Kudos
21 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kbsooner,

To err on the safe side, you could make sure this PC is the first device connected once you get the new router, but I don't expect you should continue seeing performance issues.

Let us know once you try it out either way.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos