I´ve just bought a new laptop with wifi card mentioned above. And I saw that my internet speed is much slower than on my 5 year old laptop (measured with speedtest.net). I tried to connect to mobile hotspot and it worked fine. The speed was same on both laptops. I tried to switch on to 802.11ac protocol, but the speed remained same.
Driver version: 126.96.36.199
Thanks for any help
Did you happen to upgrade Windows 10 during this process? If you upgraded to 2004 especially or upgraded to 20H2, this could result in the solution having mixed drivers. In this case, you need to do a clean WLAN install. Here is the proper process for doing so:
- If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29919.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
- From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
- Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
- Manually reboot your computer.
- In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. If none, go to Step 9.
- Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmarking) Delete the driver software for this device.
- Go to Step 5.
- (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
- (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
- Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
- Install the Wireless driver package.
- Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
- Enable Internet access.
Hope this helps,
If you are in your home, easiest way is to just power off your router for the duration -- but only after downloading the latest packages.
Alternative is to click on Notifications button on the extreme right end of the Taskbar and then on the Wi-Fi button to disable it.