Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Slow upload (download fine) speed with Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz

johnfoxmaule
Beginner

I get 180Mbps download speed and only about 7Mbps upload speed  on a 200/200 Mbps internet connection. 

Using my iPhone 11 next to the computer i get 179 Mbps and 192 Mbps up. 

Attached to Linksys Velop WHW03v2 running Firmware 2.1.14.203054

Any advice to further troubleshoot ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello johnfoxmaule, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please try the following and let us know about the outcome: 

1. Did the system have good speeds before? If yes, did you make any changes before the issue started? 

2. Does this problem happen with both bands (2.4 and 5GHz bands)? 

3. Try a clean install of the wireless drivers testing 2 different versions (Intel and Asus): 

4. Use the recommended Settings for 802.11ac connectivity https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-io/wireless.html  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
johnfoxmaule
Beginner

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your suggestions

1) I Just upgrade my internet speeds so did not have this much bandwidth before

2) Yes the problem are the same with both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz

3) I have tested with clean install of both the latest ASUS drivers and the latest Intel drivers same result

4) I have checked all the recommended settings are in place same result

5) I did also test the pc with lan cable here i get up and download speed nearing 200 Mbps

Any other suggestions i could try ?

Best regards

John

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello johnfoxmaule,  

Thank you for your reply. 

You may want to try the following steps: 

1. Try a network reset: 

Go to Start >Settings Network & Internet  > Status > Network reset. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm. 

2. Also, I could see that your wireless adapter appears to be transmitting in normal transmit rates based on the ssu.txt report: "Transmit Rate"390 Mbps""; so another good approach can be testing different channels: 

• You can try disconnecting every single device and leave only your router and PC up.  
  • If not, you should check with your ISP or router manufacturer so they can advise on the best channels to use in your network.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
johnfoxmaule
Beginner

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I tried both the network reset and tuned the channels, with the same result.

However i found the solution. Appearently there is installed something called ASUS Turbo Lan Utility, when i unbound this form the WIFI adapter i got the following results.

Best regards

John

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Make sure you thank ASUS for causing this problem.   Post it on their website that it is their util that is causing this problem.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello johnfoxmaule,   

Thank you for the update.  

Thank you for sharing the solution with us. As the issue appears to be an Asus software, you may want to report this to them for further assistance. 

Based on that, we will close this inquiry; however, if you need further help, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos