Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Status Device Power Failure on Intel Wireless Bluetooth

RStar1
Beginner

Good Day,

I'm getting the message:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I've tried all the tasks I've seen in other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the Bluetooth Device, updating my BIOS, rolling back the last update, etc., and am still getting the same message. Is it possible the Bluetooth transmitter is actually malfunctioning?

I've attached the SSU results from my PC, thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello thebigdog1974,

Thank you for sharing your SSU report.

We understand you're receiving a Device Manager error code 10 on the Bluetooth® module from your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

Since the recommended troubleshooting for this error code is to perform a clean driver installation, which you have already performed, it's possible that this module may have failed.

You can try re-seating the adapter:

Note: Proceed at your own risk. Always make sure to check with your computer manufacturer to ensure this does not void your warranty.

1. Shut down computer, remove battery and power cables.

2. Open bottom cover, locate and remove the wireless adapter from it's M.2 connector.

3. Checking the connectors to make sure they're free of debris, re-install the card on the M.2 connector.

4. Reassemble your laptop, and test.

If the error message persists, you can try a Network Reset:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.

2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

As a last option, you can reinstall the operating system using the built-in "Reset my PC" option.

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Recovery options in Windows® 10

Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Otherwise, we recommend engaging your computer manufacturer for hardware replacement options. If needed, we do recommend purchasing replacement adapters from your computer manufacturer directly, if at all possible.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello thebigdog1974,

We did not hear from you after our recommendations. Please let us know if you require further assistance from our end.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
RStar1
Beginner

Good Day,

I had tried 2 of the 3 methods described in the proposed solution (I had not taken the bottom plate off yet) but it was still malfunctioning.

However, I realized yesterday the Bluetooth is now working. I'm not sure if there was an update to the drivers that resolved the issue, the only odd thing that happened is the power went out in my house while I was at work, and when I came home and turned my computer back on, the bluetooth was working. Considering I had restarted the computer numerous times while troubleshooting the issue, a power outage seems an unlikely solution.

Sorry it's not a satisfying answer that others can use, but in any case, it is now working.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the update. We are glad to know the issue has was resolved and your PC is working fine now.

We are sure that the information posted here will be helpful for other users as well.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos