Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

TOSHIBA C55-B5356 no reconoce bluetooth tarjetas intel AC 7265 y AC 8260

Manuel_P
Beginner

Hola, tengo una TOSHIBA C55-B5356 procesador i5-4210U y cambie la tarjeta de red original que trabajaba solo con la banda 2.4 Ghz y no tenia Bluetooth, le coloque las tarjetas Intel AC 7265 y tambien la Intel AC 8260, con las dos tarjetas me reconoce la red WiFi con las 2 bandas (2.4 Ghz y 5 Ghz) y funciona perfecto, pero no me reconoce el Bluetooth, no aparece el Bluetooth entre los dispositivos ni siquiera dandole a la opcion de ver los ocultos, las dos tarjetas las probe en una PC Lenovo y funciona perfecto el Bluetooth y el Wifi.
Alguien sabe como hacer para que ese modelo de Toshiba pueda reconocer el Bluetooth de esas tarjetas
Nota: Probe todo con Windows 8.1 y Windows 10 y el comportamiento es el mismo, no reconoce el Bluetooth

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Manuel_P

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool.

We understand that you have installed Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 and Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 on your laptop and none of them shows Bluetooth under Windows Device Manager. When an end-user installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. For more information please review the following links:

Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

In this scenario, there are some facts that seem to point out that the issue is related to hardware-software limitation and compatibility:

• The original wireless card was only for Wireless standards b/g/n and it did not come with Bluetooth and based on the laptop technical specifications* Bluetooth was available as an option through an external USB nano adapter, so the laptop might not have the internal support for Bluetooth functionality: Please refer to this link* >> https://support.dynabook.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4006593&isFromTOCLink=false
  • Does not seem to be an issue of the Wireless cards or their drivers since you mentioned they work fine on another computer.

However, there are some steps that you may try for this problem:

1- Check under Windows® >> Settings >> Devices >> Bluetooth & other devices if Bluetooth is available. If it is, make sure it is "On".

2- Check on the BIOS if there is an option or feature to enable the Bluetooth device or Bluetooth functionality. Contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Toshiba* for proper instructions for this step.

3- Reset (reconnect) the Wireless card making sure that you follow the installation instructions from your OEM including the proper connection of the cables for the antennas.

4- If after performing the previous steps you see the Bluetooth in Device Manager but it is showing an error message or error symbol, we recommend performing a clean install of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers following the steps below:

We recommend trying first the customized drivers from your OEM. We were not able to find specific Windows® 10 drivers for this Intel Wireless cards on the Toshiba website*, there is only a general mention for "Intel Wireless and Bluetooth drivers" so we recommend checking further with them about driver availability:

https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200009189&osId=3333785

As a second option, you may allow Windows® to install drivers via Windows® Update Service or try the Intel® generic drivers:

If the issue persists, this actually may be related to a bigger compatibility issue. In those cases, the root of the problem could be one of the followings:

• The system may require a firmware update.
  • The system connector for the wireless card is not designed (at the electronic level) to work with the new Intel® Wireless cards.
  • There is a limitation from your computer manufacturer (OEM), in this case, Toshiba* and our final recommendation is to check with your OEM for further support and to confirm full compatibility.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Manuel_P
Beginner

Andrew G.
The motherboard model is ZSWAA LA-B301P, I have not been able to find someone in TOSHIBA who can tell me if that motherboard allows those Intel card models or if there is any firmware update, do you have a contact in TOSHIBA to consult?
Thank you

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Manuel_P

Thank you for your response.

If the issue persists after trying the previous steps, the issue seems to be with hardware or compatibility limitation, for instance, the Bluetooth portion may not be available for this system.

Unfortunately, we do not have a contact for Toshiba* support nor we handle their technical documentation. What we can recommend is trying to contact them through their official channels of supports*:

https://us.dynabook.com/about/contact-us/

Note:

As a workaround, you may try a USB Bluetooth dongle adapter (if possible) in case it is not possible to enable internal Bluetooth functionality.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Manuel_P

We are checking this thread and we have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now and if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Also, if the problem persisted our final recommendation is to check this further with your OEM Toshiba.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Manuel_P
Beginner
0 Kudos