Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Tarjeta intel 9560ngw wifi no se conecta / Intel 9560ngw wifi card not work

f_galarza
Beginner

Tengo una Asus ROG Strix G731GU laptop, desde hace 1 año viene dando problemas con la tarjeta de WIFI Intel 9560ngw PCI Express Mini, no se conecta y desaparece todo, le instalo el driver y a veces se conecta o me deja ver todas sus app, pero a veces aun desinstalando todo el driver, dándole restart y no aparece ninguna conexión de WIFI. Una vez se desapareció hasta el Bluetooth. No se si fue cuando se instalo el nuevo BIOS, porque después que se instalo funciono muy bien por un tiempo pero también hubo actualizaciones de Windows 10, aun no he actualizado a Windows 11. Hay alguna nueva tarjeta que le pueda colocar para darle un upgrade?

I have an Asus ROG Strix G731GU laptop, for 1 year it has been giving problems with the WIFI card Intel 9560ngw PCI Express Mini, it does not connect and everything disappears, I install the driver and sometimes it connects or lets me see all its app, but sometimes still uninstalling the entire driver, giving it a restart and no WIFI connection appears. Once it disappeared to Bluetooth. I do not know if it was when the new BIOS was installed, because after it was installed it worked very well for a while but there were also updates from Windows 10, I have not yet updated to Windows 11. Is there a new card I can place on you to upgrade?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, I have to burst your bubble. There is no upgrade path from the 9561. Your motherboard is designed to support a wireless card with CNVio support. The highest performing card with CNVio support is the 9561. All of the subsequent cards either support CNVio2 (which is incompatible with CNVio) or did not support CNVi at all. In most of the cases that I have seen reported here, attempting to use a non-CNVi card in a slot configured for CNVio simply did not work. In fact, there are even cases where the system would not even power on while the non-CNVi card was installed.

As for what is going on here, my gut says that this card is physically failing. The latest available drivers for this card can be downloaded from here and here. You can try these, but, again, I suspect you may end up having to replace the card (hopefully by the laptop vendor under the laptop's warranty).

Hope this helps,

...S

f_galarza
Beginner

Thanks for the information and link for the newest drivers.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have another thought: Have you tried installing the latest drivers via clean install? That is, uninstalling the previous drivers and only then installing the new drivers. Here is the process laid out:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
f_galarza
Beginner
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos