Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

The latest update of Bluetooth drivers and PROSet/Wireless destroyed my system

COstr1
Beginner

My apologies for write here this subject but I couldn't find out other place to do that, and I want to warn to the Support about this problem.

I have a Lenovo laptop, model G70-80.

Windows 10 Home as OS.

After the latest update of Bluetooth drivers and PROSet/Wireless (v 20.100) the Bluetooth port and technology dissapeared from the system.

I had to reinstall the system to get it back up and running.

I have tried this installation three times with the same result.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello COstr1, Thank you for reporting this issue. We would like to take a look at your system configuration. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Also, does this behavior occur if you install the driver customized for your system? System: G70-80 https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/g70-80/downloads Note: Please confirm the system model and operating system. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello COstr1, Were you able to review the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
COstr1
Beginner
Dear WannerG, Thank you for your concern about this case. I must to complete an urgent work right now.After I would have finished it I will continue with this problem. I will send you a report as soon as possible.  Thank you very much for your attention.  Kind Regards,  Carlos Ostrovsky (móvil)Teléfono (Phone Number) / WhatsApp+54 11 5636-2374 / +54 911 5636-2374  -------- Mensaje original --------De: Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> Fecha: 25/1/19 01:21 (GMT+01:00) A: carlos.ostrovsky@siadnet.com.ar Asunto: WannerG_Intel answered you: The latest update of Bluetooth drivers and PROSet/Wireless destroyed my system @media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { html { -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; } table.container { width: 100% !important; } .hidden-for-mobile { display: none !important; } .callToAction, .callToAction td, .footer { font-size: 12px !important; } .button .text { font-size: 12px !important; } .defaultIndentation { width: 10 !important; } .text { font-size: 12px !important; } a.button { width: 96 !important; } a.buttonWide { width: 118 !important; } a.buttonAuto { padding-left:1em !important; padding-right:1em !important;} a.button, a.buttonWide, a.buttonAuto { height: 23 !important; line-height: 23px !important; border-radius: 4px !important; -webkit-border-radius: 4px !important; -moz-border-radius: 4px !important; } td.buttonWrapper { width: 98 !important; height: 23 !important; } img { display: inline !important; } .circle { border-radius: 50%; clip-path: circle(50px at center); } .square { border-radius: 10%; clip-path: circle(10px at center); } } @media only screen and (min-device-width: 600px) { table.container { width: 600px !important; } } @media screen { @font-face { font-family: 'Salesforce Sans'; font-style: normal; src: local('Salesforce Sans'), local('SalesforceSans'), url(https://forums.intel.com/fonts/SalesforceSans/SalesforceSans-Regular.woff) format('woff'); } } a, a:visited { color: #015BA7; text-decoration:none; } img { display: block; } .preheader { display: none !important; } table { border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0px; mso-table-rspace: 0px; } Hello COstr1, Were you able to review the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation             WannerG_Intel (Intel) Hello COstr1, Were you able to review the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation   View/Answer   or reply to this email             Replying to       COstr1 (Customer) asked a question. Tuesday, 22 de January de 2019 11:43 The latest update of Bluetooth drivers and PROSet/Wireless destroyed my systemMy apologies for write here this subject but I couldn't find out other place to do that, and I want to warn to the Support about this problem.I have a Lenovo laptop, model G70-80.Windows 10 Home as OS.After the latest update of Bluetooth drivers and PROSet/Wireless (v 20.100) the Bluetooth port and technology dissapeared from the system.I had to reinstall the system to get it back up and running.I have tried this installation three times with the same result.               WannerG_Intel (Intel) Hello COstr1, Were you able to review the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation Thursday, 24 de January de 2019 22:21               You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts."   To change or turn off Forums email, log in as 300002069863@intel.com.isvc.   Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ".   For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html.        
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello COstr1, Please keep us informed. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
COstr1
Beginner
Dear Wanner, I sorry for my delay to answer you, but as I had said before, I had to complete a complex work. Finished it, I have instaled the latest updates and now, all is working fine. :) So, could you close this ticket, please? Thank you a lot! Kind Regards, Carlos
0 Kudos