Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

The problem I have everyday the internet connection speed getting down for all employees only 1 MBPS. The way I come back to my orginal ethernet speed is changing any parameter in my ethernet controller , i.e changi

SMK001
Beginner

Dear All,

The problem I have is randomly everyday the internet connection speed falls from 250 Mb/s to near 10 Mb/s, 2 Mb/s .. sometimes to less than 1 Mb/s.

Using the system of HP pro book 430 G5 and using the driver "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265"

The way I come back to my original Ethernet speed is uninstall the driver from device manager and restart. Then will get the speed up to 60 Mbps and ISP giving the speed as 250 Mbps . Every time I uninstall the driver and It works fine again, after 1 day or some time again go back to 1 Mbps.

Service provider giving the speed as 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz speed (250 MBPS connections speed )

Could It be a problem with the Intel adaptor? Could be a bad setting in the controller properties ? or Windows 10 Update issue ?

This is affected all Hp systems ( pro book series ) in our company staff.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it's affecting a bunch of HP machines, why are you talking to us? You should be talking to HP.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
SMK001
Beginner

Thanks for the update. I am using the wireless driver as  "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", if I will uninstall the driver version from 20.70.16.4(01/01/2020) to 20.70.12.5 (26/08/2019) getting WiFi speed better to 80 Mbps to 100 Mbps for 1 day or 2 days. Everyday doing the same uninstall process and the speed has been tested with WiFi dongle 2.4 GHz getting permanently stable speed as 80 Mbps . So I thought the problem with Intel wireless driver issues and hope that any update will get this community . so I posted ....

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have to be careful in these cases. Sometimes, the system manufacturer will have Intel customize the card's firmware - essentially making it a separate OEM product - and there could be issues specific to the version of the driver package that is used with it. Bottom line, if you have a component that came as part of a system, your first contact for support should be the system manufacturer. This includes obtaining drivers; the manufacturer's site should always be your primary for updates. It doesn't matter that the component is from Intel; the manufacturer is responsible for it (your warranty is from them, not Intel).

...S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi SMK001,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We will be transferring your thread to our wireless support group.

If you have any other questions or clarifications, please let them know.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello SMK001,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We would like to gain a better understanding of the behavior reported. 

• Please confirm the number of units impacted.
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system?
  • Please provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility logs by following the next steps: 
  1. Download the software. 
  2. When finished downloading it, open it. 
  3. Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan. 
  4. When finish scanning, click "Next." 
  5. Click on Save and attach the file to your post.  

Share the details requested at your earliest convenience.  

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello SMK001,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.  

Thank you for contacting Intel.

Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos