Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

There is a problem with the Intel AX201

KBan
Beginner

I bought the new laptop Lenovo's ''X1 Carbon 8th Gen' and tried to connect the wifi, but an error occurs.

When I try to connect to Wifi even though I have installed the Wifi driver for Intel AX201, it keeps saying 'Can't connect to this network.' for 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.

Even if it is occasionally connected to', the adapter disappears within 1 to 10 minutes and the connection is disconnected.

At the same time, the adapter reports various error 10,43,45.

I newly installed Windows and reinstalled the wireless LAN driver like (version 21.110.1.1 (provided by Lenovo) and 21.120.2.1 (provided by Intel)), but the problem recurs.

Also, it is connected normally about 1 out of 10 times, but the same phenomenon occurs when rebooting.

Wifi works fine on other machines and other wifi has the same issue. Bluetooth and wired connections work well.

(My router is IPTIME2004mu which doens't provide AX mode.)

So, I tried 8012.11n and ac also, but they didn't work.

I want to know the version of the wireless LAN driver or the appropriate version of bios, windows.

In my case, I have tested wireless LAN (21.110.1.1 and  21.120.2.1), bios (1.12 and 1.11), and windows (10 Home 1909 and 2004).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

KBan, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the computer?

Was it working fine before?

If it was, did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

When you said: "Wifi works fine on other machines and other wifi has the same issue." What do you mean, that if you use other computers with this Router they work fine, and if you connect your laptop to another Router the problem is the same?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
KBan
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

When did you purchase the computer?

>> I purchased it on 25 Sep. 2020

Was it working fine before?

>> No, It didn't work from the beginning.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

>> It came installed on the laptop.

When did the issue start?

>> From the beginning

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

>> Yes, I can't connect in any Wi-Fi environment. (Iphone's hotspot is also not connected.)

When you said: "Wifi works fine on other machines and other wifi has the same issue." What do you mean, that if you use other computers with this Router they work fine, and if you connect your laptop to another Router the problem is the same?

>> Yes, you are right. The router in my home or work is fine that it connected well to other devices. 

And for my new laptop, it cannot connect any router.

I'm not sure this problem happens due to hardware or software.

I attached the SSU report. 

Best regards,

K.Ban

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

KBan, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Yes, as you mentioned, the problem could be related to hardware, there could be a component not working properly or the Intel® Wireless card might not be properly installed.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform, according to the report you are using the correct driver and it is properly installed.

In some cases, we also suggest to install the Intel® Generic Wireless driver available on our web site to try to fix possible problems with the Wireless connection.

In this case, since you already installed and tested both drivers, the one provided by Lenovo and the one provided by Intel®, and based on the fact that you just recently purchase the laptop, what we recommend to do next will be to get in contact directly with Lenovo or with the place of purchase for them to do a physical inspection of the laptop and if necessary to apply the warranty options they have available for you, most of the times they have a 30-day period of warranty from the date you purchase their computer.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
AsaBjorn1972
Beginner

I had a problem of poor to nonexistent download speeds and intermittent drops using the Wi-Fi 6 Intel AX201160MHz. I am close to the router/modem, my older computer had no problems. I connected a Wi-Fi adapter (netgear wifi usb adapter) and problem resolved, for some reason the 'antennas' supplied with the Intel wifi just could not do the job, regardless of where, how etc they were positioned or tightened. 

0 Kudos