Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Trouble applying backport-iwlwifi to nVidia tegra linux 4.9

zsaleeba
Beginner

We're trying to get an Intel 9260 wifi card working in an embedded linux box with an nVidia jetson TX2 tegra-based processor. The provided nVidia linux kernel is pretty old - version 4.9 - and the iwlwifi driver in that kernel doesn't support the 9260. I've been trying to use the iwlwifi backport from https://github.com/intel/backport-iwlwifi to add more up to date support to my kernel but with no success.

I have the nVidia-provided sources for the kernel used on my system and I'm able to cross-compile it successfully. The problem I'm having is in applying the iwlwifi backport to these kernel sources.

The backport distribution contains the instructions: "To use the backport system from scratch, go into the top-level directory and run ./gentree.py /path/to/linux-next/ /tmp/output and then make menuconfig/... in the output directory.". There is no gentree.py provided and despite grabbing gentree.py from the linux backports repo I haven't had any success getting this to work.

I've also read the documentation at https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/ but haven't succeeded in working out how to apply this particular backport.

Can you give me any help applying the backport-iwlwifi to my kernel?

Thanks,

Zik

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello zsaleeba,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are going to work on this case. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello zsaleeba,

In order to continue, please try the following:

1. Type the # lspci command. If the wireless adapter it is not identified, please check it is properly integrated.
  2. If there is result, type the # modinfo iwlwifi​ and if there is no output, it means the module is not installed, and it is a distribution installation issue.
  3. If there is a result, type # lsmod | grep iwlwifi​. If the result is empty, the driver hasn't been loaded. Most likely to be a distribution issue. 
  4. To verify, please type: # dmesg | grep iwlwifi​. If the result is empty, the driver wasn’t initialized and this is a distribution issue. If there is a result, please provide a screenshot of it.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos