Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Trouble with wireless network adapter - Dual Band Wireless AC 8265

Adarsh_
Beginner

Wifi doesnt start when i boot up windows. While I'm using my laptop all of a sudden my wifi network gets disconnected (intermittent disconnection)  requires to reset network adapter with windows troubleshoot to solve this but  after a couple minutes or so this problem happens again and again. Even if the wifi works properly for a couple hours a little movement(when i carry my laptop to other room of the house) causes this problem again and the frequency of losing connection increases. All my drivers and windows is up to date. I'm using Asus Vivobook X505za laptop. I bought this laptop 2 years ago, this problem started a couple months ago. System info txt file is attached below.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Adarsh_

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We need more information to provide recommendations:

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Adarsh_
Beginner

No, i dont have any bluetooth issues.
I'm not sure if this started to happen after a windows update, but I've tried uninstalling the latest updates and even tried factory reset my            windows still didnt work out.
I never carried my laptop out of my home since last year, so not sure if this happens outside environment

I've tried connecting other networks (mobile hotspot), same trouble happens again.
This adapter was pre-installed when i bought this laptop, no hardware updates were done.
There were no wifi or network issues before i had this problem
I've not installed any software or hardware recently
i tried to roll back network driver through device manager, but roll back option is not available.
I've tried rebooting wifi router, but didnt work out.

I've noticed that when i tried to turn off the wifi on windows, i cannot turn it back again not even by troubleshooting. I had to restart then troubleshoot again, sometimes trying to turn on wireless capability caused bluescreen error.
When I lift up my laptop and then place it down wifi gets disconnetcted, i have to trouble shoot or restart the windows again.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the information provided, your system is not running the latest manufacturer's driver or latest version of Windows. Please update Windows to the latest version and make sure to use the Asus drivers for your system, you can find those drivers on their website:

We recommend a clean install of the wireless driver, for more information check our article:

The bluescreens could also indicate a hardware problem, you can check with the manufacturer for additional troubleshooting.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

David G. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

After further investigation we concluded that this could be related to the operating system, please check with the system manufacturer for additional troubleshooting steps or warranty options.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos