Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

URGENT!!! Unable to make Intel wireless AC 9462 work well with Chromecast

AGhos3
Beginner

Hi All,

I have a PC with Intel wireless AC 9462 in my computer. I am trying to cast my desktop or tab from google chrome, using chromecast ultra on a display that supports HDMI. The casted screen seems to freeze within a view seconds of performing any activity. We noticed that this doesn't happen with intel wireless 3160 or when we are using a usb wireless adapter like Surf wireless micro usb adapter. Is there anyway this issue can be resolved? Your help will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGhos3, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel ® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. In order to assist you better and to have a better insight of your system, please attach the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- In addition, have you checked if your Chromecast’s firmware is up to date? I hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
AGhos3
Beginner

From what I know from posts online, Chromecast automatically updates it's firmware. But I can confirm that by calling them up.

Also, is it safe to share that much information about the system over this thread? Also, if you can tell me a little bit about yourself, I may feel more comfortable.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGhos3, Thank you for your response. Yes, is safe to post the report, as the system information displayed does not reveal any personal information. I am a representative from the Intel ® forum communities, and my main goal will be to either get the issue fixed or to provide a suitable solution for your issue. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGhos3, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGhos3, We just wanted to double check if you still need help. . I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello MMosc, We just wanted see if you need help. We are closing your ticket as we have not heard anything from you. Please do not hesitate on contacting us if you need further assistance. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
DYoun11
Beginner

Hello, I don't know if I need to start a new post, but I posted an "answer" in the form of a plea for help. This is an updated version of the .txt file with 3rd party information. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DYoun11
Beginner

I am having the same issue, and would love a solution. I am able to cast to my chromecast when I use a usb wireless adapter; it's definitely intel's wireless that's the problem.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DYoun11, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel ® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. In this case based on the report that you sent we noticed that your Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® are not up to date. Please go ahead and try a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers by following the instructions here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html You can find the latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=125192 In addition, have you checked if your Chromecast’s firmware is up to date? I hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
DYoun11
Beginner
  • I did the clean installation and it did not work. I followed the instructions step by step, removing the proset/wireless software, then downloading the most recent proset/wireless software from the link you gave me. I also cleared out my temp files and restarted the computer. Installation of the new software went smoothly and it asked me to restart computer. I am attaching the .txt ssu file for this method. I am going to do the same thing, but this time I'm going to "Get the latest system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support." and see if that works. I will also attach the ssu .txt file for that method too.

0 Kudos
DYoun11
Beginner

Here is the ssu for another attempt i did with the latest proset and Bluetooth. Also the chromecast has the latest firmware. Please tell intel to fix this problem!

0 Kudos
DYoun11
Beginner

Here is the config for the latest manufacturer driver. Just as a note, in both tests, my wireless never went down, even after uninstalling the proset/wireless software. I am going to go into device manager and uninstall it there. Also the chromecast is latest firmware. Please get intel to fix this problem! I also got this error when i tried to reply to my reply "ICS_FeedComment_Trigger: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 5000P00000l7fTOQAY; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record or 1 records: 5000P00000l7fTOQAY: [] Class.ICS_FeedComment_Handler.feedCommentUpdatecaseStatusHandler: line 327, column 1 Trigger.ICS_FeedComment_Trigger: line 48, column 1"

0 Kudos
AGhos3
Beginner

Hi Diego,

Apologies for the delay, I was on a vacation. This issue does exist. I didn't want to share the generated system information as it had many MAC ID's and IP addresses. But this link has the configuration of the system I am using

https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Trident-3-8th/Specification

Also, I have even had someone manually replace the 9462 chip on the motherboard with a few other intel chips like 8265 and 3165 and they both work. Can we reopen this case or start a new one?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DYoun11 and AGhos3, Thank you for patience and responses. In this case, it all points to be a hardware compatibility issue. Since we already covered all driver-wise troubleshooting by clean installing our wireless drivers and performing the Chromecast's firmware update, and the report from users using 8265 and 3165 cards with no issues, the culprit seem to be a hardware compatibility issue between the card and the actual device. In this case our best recommendation is to contact Chromecast support to see if they have a list of compatible peripherals and verify if the unit is approved. I hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DYoun11 and AGhos3, We just wanted to double check if you were able to contact Chromecast's support? Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello DYoun11 and AGhos3, We just wanted to double check again if you were able to contact Chromecast's support? Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
AGhos3
Beginner
Hi. I did get in touch with Chromecast regarding the same. They have forwarded it to their Engineers after a long conversation over the phone. After that, I am not aware if they took any action on this.
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello AGhos3, I understand. Our best recommendation is to contact them again for more information, and ask for higher support/management if necessary. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
BLeśn
Beginner

Hello,

same issue here. Please report if anything happens with our problem, whether it's solvable or not.

Thanks You all for reply,

B.L.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello BLeśn, In this case our best recommendation is to: -Try a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers by following the instructions here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Look for the latest drivers for your system here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ -To perform the Chromecast's firmware update -If the issue persists we recommend you to contact Chromecast* support to see if they have a list of compatible peripherals and verify if your unit is approved. Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos