Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Ubuntu 20.04 (kernel 5.8.0) and Wi-Fi 6 AX200 is unstabe and doesn't show 2.4G networks

rgiometti
Beginner

Hello,

in these last days I start notice a strange behavior on my Ubuntu 20.04 (kernel 5.8.0-45-generic) which manages a Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a).

Network connection is very unstable with frequent disconnections and also I notice that the system is not able anymore to see 2.4G networks! Just 5G networks are displayed during a network scan.

Attached are modinfo information and trace-cmd output. Please, let me know if you need more info to investigate this really strange issue.

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rgiomett,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. The brand and model number of your system. You can also provide the Intel® System Support Utility for the Linux* Operating System for more details: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-the-Linux-Operating-System

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is the Bluetooth working?   

4. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

5. Have you update your drivers and BIOS? 

6. Did you noticed the issue after a system update? 

7. Run the following commands and send us the outcome:  

· modinfo iwlwifi > If there is no output, then the module isn’t installed this is the distribution installation issue.  

· lsmod | grep iwlwifi > If the result is empty, the driver hasn't been loaded. Most likely to be a distribution issue.  

· To verify, please type: dmesg | grep iwlwifi > If the result is empty, the driver wasn’t initialized and this is a distribution issue. If there is a result populated, proceed with the next step.   

· dmesg | grep “no suitable firmware found!” > If the result is not empty, it means you don't have a suitable FW (api mentioned in the dmesg).  

· Please visit here: h ttps://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi for supported FW, or here https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/ for the latest versions.  

8. If the above steps don't work, collect the debug data:  

Type: dmesg | grep ASSERT   

If the output is empty, please follow this wiki: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi/debugging to extract dmesg and trace-cmd.  

If the output has value, please collect it from the wiki FW dump too.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rgiometti,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello rgiometti,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos