Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Ultimate-N 6300 AGN - Windows 7 64 - 9F Blue Screen on Sleep

DDell2
Beginner

Hi, I have anMSI gt60 with the Ultimate-n 6300 AGN installed. Recently I have been getting 9F Blue Screens (Driver Power State failure) when entering sleep mode. I finally figured out it's related to the Wireless Card (if card is disabled, no blue screen). I'm current on Windows Updates and all Intel drivers. Intel driver is 15.7.0.3. Restarting is no problem and wireless card seems to work fine, but I'd like to be able to use sleep mode again and the wireless card concurrently. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello David,

You may uninstall the Intel® wireless adapter from device manager and then restart the system. Additionally you may try resetting the current Windows* power plan back to default.

The following commands can be useful to reset TCP/IP stack in Windows*:

• Open cmd as administrator and run the commands below, then restart the computer:

• Netsh int ip reset

• Netsh winsock reset

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en

If the issue persists, perhaps you may want to reinstall Windows or contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance.

DDell2
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the Adapter (using Intel uninstall, not Windows). Problem persists. I'll try your reset command soon and get back to you. BTW, I'm using this just as a wireless card, not for tethering as so many others have posted about. I'm also noticing my Wifi Miniports are not connecting, though they report to be working properly in Device Manager, in case that helps with the diagnosis. I'd really like to avoid reinstalling Windows as I'm a dj and this is my lifeblood.

0 Kudos
DDell2
Beginner

All the commands worked, but still won't sleep if this wireless card is enabled.

0 Kudos
DDell2
Beginner

I discovered a newer Bios update from MSI for the GT60 - E16F3IMS.10U (for Windows 7 64 Non-Raid). This was a pretty fast update following the first update after the product was released. So, I guessed the prior update had bugs or they wouldn't have updated so quickly. Sleep works fine, now. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos