Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Unable to connect to home wifi with embedded ax 200 adapter on ubuntu

lrddsk
Beginner

Helo I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 and my motherboard (Asrock taichi x570) has an embedded intel ax200 adapter. However, when I try to connect to my home wifi (which is running on 2.4ghz, on channel 11) I get authentication time outs events observed in "iw event" output. And in dmesg I get the following messages: 

Jan16 22:09:38 fisk kernel: iwlwifi 0000:05:00.0: No beacon heard and the time event is over already...

And the adapter is not able to connect to the wifi. I have disabled all power management options for both network manager by setting /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf from wifi.powersave=3 to wifi.powersave=2 as well as adding the following options to the iwlwifi and iwlmvm drivers in the respective modprobe.d conf file: 

options iwlmvm power_scheme=1 
options cfg80211 cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghz=1
options iwlwifi disable_11ax=1 power_save=0

I have attached the output of your ssu script as well as the output of journalctl -b | grep iwl . My AP is configured to use 20mhz channels for wifi and  doesn't support 802.11ax hence I've disabled it on the adapter as seen above. My router is Tp link archer c1200 running openwrt 19.07.2 and I have other wifi devices which don't exhibit any issues. Furthermore I have a usb dongle based on an Atheros chipset which also works as expected with this router when plugged in my PC.

From the log file it shows that I'm running kernel 5.4 with wifi firmware 48. I have also tried running kernel 5.8 and fw 55 but I experienced the same issue. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lrddsk
Beginner

I'm attaching output of modinfo iwlwifi and trace-cmd output. 

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello lrddsk,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided please follow the next information: 

• I want to let you know that Linux drivers are part of the upstream Linux* kernel. They're available through the regular channels, distributions, or the Linux* kernel archives. We support use of the drivers only in the kernel version the driver was a part of. See the table below for a list of supported devices by the iwlwifi driver

Kernel

5.1+iwlwifi-cc-46.3cfab8da.0.tgz

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello lrddsk,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello lrddsk,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored 

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos