Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Unable to connect to in office wireless network since Windows 11 upgrade

LydiaJ
Beginner

We are in the very early stages of upgrading our corporation's systems to Windows 11. I decided that I would be the first to take the leap. Well in doing so I am no longer able to connect to our secure wireless system. I can connect to our other wireless connections that are not as secure.  I am on a Lenovo Thinkbook with an Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz wireless adapter. Everything was working fine when I was on Windows 10. I Have also done an upgrade to a Dell 7210 2 in 1  with the same adapter and the same results of not being able to connect. When I look at the event viewer for both devices they both return a 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage event. I am working with our networking team on this as well but I wanted to see if you have any ideas on your end. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I see more and more issues like this and the one thing in common is that they did an upgrade from Win10 to Win11. I can only suggest that you do a clean reinstall of the Intel Wireless and Bluetooth drivers on Win11. Here is the proper process for doing so: 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the desired Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the links for downloading the latest versions of these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Very important: Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in these categories (so it leaves them set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule of thumb: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos