I have a Lenovo T500 laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed. Laptop has Intel WiFi Link 5100 card. My problem is that I can't get My WiFi working on it - which I desperately need to connect my Android phone. Intel My WiFi Utility says "network adapter not found". Version of the utility is 220.127.116.11.
I tried installing:
I also tried alternative WiFi virtualization utility Connectify. The card is in the list of supported hardware (http://www.connectify.me/docs/supportedcards.html http://www.connectify.me/docs/supportedcards.html) however it does not work too, with any drivers.
When shipped, laptop was preinstalled with Windows Vista x32, and it had My WiFi up and running. Which means that the issue most probably lies with the Windows 7 drivers or the way I install them. However it is unlikely that I'll ever downgrade back to Vista.
Searching this forum, I found 3 threads with similar issues:
Thanks in advance for any help.
I am having a similar problem (or the same) with my W500. I had XP installed on this machine and decided to upgrade to Win7. Put in a brand new hdd and installed windows 7. Everything seems to be OK except the wireless (wifi). Radio light is on and flashes off and on, but Lenovo's utilities for managing the radios and Access Connections (software for managing connections) thinks that the radio is off. I cannot power it off or on via software. Spoke with Lenovo and didn't get anywhere. As with the above post, I've loaded the latest drivers. Lenovo wanted them installed in a certain order. Did that to no avail. Also verified that I have the latest driver via Intel's site. Installed the Intel software that allows me administer and manually test the wifi. Hardware test failed,but other tests in Windows indicate that the radio is OK
Thanks for the tip. However I already tried this, did not help - My WiFi still gives the same message, and no WiFi access point appears. In fact, I don't even have "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter" device in Device Manager.
I think that your problem is different from mine - I have an issue only with My WiFi (and other WiFi virtualization technologies), everything else works fine.
I remember that during my experiments I had an issue similar to yours. However it is not reproducible now and I'm not sure what I did to fix it. I would suggest to do a clean uninstall of both Lenovo Access Connections and WiFi driver, and reinstall both, using latest versions from Lenovo site.