Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Unable to pair after applying fix for KB3161608 + Bluetooth issues

EHonk
Beginner

Hello,

I followed all steps to revive my 6235 Bluetooth after the issues created by the MS updates forced by the IT department, and got the JP-BT_17.1.1411.1504_s64 installed. No driver issues are reported in device manager.

My issue is however that I cannot pair new (previously deleted) devices.

After doing some research I found that the "Intel Bluetooth Service" won't start, which is logical, as ibtsiva.exe is not present in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\" nor in the installer package. I wonder if the two issues are related?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello EmielH,

The issue you describe seems to be different than the original problem with the Microsoft KB updates.

Our best recommendation in this case is to perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth* adapter drivers.

Please follow these steps:

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq# 1TC=windows-7 Uninstall Microsoft KB 3161608/3172605. (Skip this step if the KB is not installed)

2. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006742.html Uninstall any version of Intel Bluetooth driver.

3. Check Device Manager - Bluetooth, if the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver is installed, proceed to uninstall and delete it.

4. Download Intel Bluetooth® driver for Windows 7* (Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 and 2230):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26208/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-64-bit-JP Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 64-bit (JP)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26207/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-32-bit-JP Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7* 32-bit (JP)

5. Install the new Intel Bluetooth driver.

6. Re-install the Microsoft KB as needed.

Please let us know if this helps.
0 Kudos
EHonk
Beginner

I did those steps several times.

However, as i tried to solve the issue before Intel confirmed it, I thought I might have messed up, and therefore I deleted the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\" directory after uninstall of the old drivers. So this might be the reason ibtsiva.exe in not present.

But it should be present in the new installer package IMHO. I tried to steal the service files from the BT_19.00.1621_64_Win7 installer and several older installers for the 6235. The older service executables would terminate immediately, the 19 version would run, but did not produce any devices found either.

Was this installer tried on a clean system? I cannot imagine that it would work, as it installs a service that is not there...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello EmielH,

For better assistance, we branched your question to a new thread.

Please check if your system hase any of the following Windows* updates installed: KB3133977, KB3161608, KB3172605, KB3179573.

If any is installed, please uninstall it and try removing the Bluetooth* driver, then install again the recommended driver for your system.

If this does not work, there is a chance that the system was corrupted when the files were deleted without proper removal of the application.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
EHonk
Beginner

Hello,

After the removal I first tried to install the original Dell drivers, but those also didn't find my previously connected, but removed (after the Windows Update corrupted the driver) Bluetooth headphones.

After that I removed the old driver an installed the new JP-BT_17.1.1411.1504_s64 with the same result. I even installed the BT_19.00.1621_64_Win7, results are the same.

I also tried a completely new headset, does not show in the "Add device" wizard

BTW, please note that my Bluetooth mouse, which was never disconnected, still works during all my tests.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello EmielH,

Based on your description, the registry and/or the Bluetooth* driver appears to be corrupted, probably due to deleting the files manually before applying the fix.

In this case, you might want to check with the Headphones manufacturer if they have any additional recommendations, otherwise, you might consider an OS reinstall, then perform the fix to update Bluetooth* drivers.

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos