Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Unable to see Bluetooth in Device Manager for Wifi6 AX201

KTT
Beginner

Hi,

I have been struggling to enable the Bluetooth for my new HP Elitebook 840 G7.

Please see attached screen shot and SSU.  Can someone advise ?

BT - Services.jpgBT - Device Manager.jpgBT - Intel.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello KTT

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• What is the symptom of the issue? Is the Bluetooth button greyed out or do you have another problem?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?
  • Were you able to have your Bluetooth work in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Did you test the drivers from the manufacturer?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
KTT
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for the respond.  Please see below answer to you question :-

• What is the symptom of the issue? Is the Bluetooth button greyed out or do you have another problem?
    The Bluetooth button is not even available for me.

• When did it start to happen?
    From day one when I got my new laptop.

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
    No.  It happen since day one.

• Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
    Yes, this is a new laptop.  I went to the helpdesk of my OEM (HP), they say that I have the latest driver and asked me to re-install my Windows again.  I did re-install my windows twice but the problem is still there.  My OEM asked me to check with Microsoft instead.
    Microsoft asked me to do the following steps, which I did and none of it solve the issue.
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows (microsoft.com)

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
    Yes, it is the original that came with it. My laptop is just 3 months old and I been struggling with this issue.

• What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?
    I have re-install my Windows.  Reached out to OEM support. Tried the step suggested by Microsoft (as above).  

• Were you able to have your Bluetooth work in a normal/expected performance before?
    No.  My Device Manager is unable to detect the presence of the Bluetooth.  As per the screen shot in the original post.

• Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
    No.  It has been since day one I got my laptop.

• Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
    There is no previous version as Day one it is not working.

• Did you test the drivers from the manufacturer?
    Yes.  OEM Support advised that I am already having the latest driver.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided, you followed the correct steps. We are working on this request to verify if there is something else that you can try on your system, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @KTT

Since this is a new system and the Bluetooth never worked since the pc was bought, the best would be to contact the manufacturer. The information provided seems to indicate a hardware or OS issue, you may need to reinstall the OS and also check with the manufacturer if the Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS since some systems have this feature there. A BIOS update is recommended, the latest version available is 01.06.01.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
KTT
Beginner

Hi David,

I have not resolved this issue yet. 

As you have suggested that the BIOS may be the issue, I am checking with my OEM on my BIOS. 

Apparently my BIOS have been locked with an administrator password.  I am trying to sort this out with the OEM now so that I could try to see if it really the BIOS issue.

Will update once my BIOS issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
KTT
Beginner

Hi David,

I have resolved my BIOS issue.  Yes, the Bluetooth issue I have is indeed cause by the BIOS.   I am now able to access my Bluetooth.

Thank you very much for your support.  Appreciate it.

0 Kudos