Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Unable to update driver for Intel AC 3160 wifi adapter

JChee1
Beginner

I have an HP Envy 17T Touchsmart laptop that came with an Intel AC 3160 wfi adapter. The current driver level is 18.33.0.2. I have downloaded the Intel Proset/wireless software and drivers for Windows 10. The level is 18.40.0. I have run the downloaded exe file several times. Each time it seems to run successfully and asks for a restart. When I do restart and check the driver level on the 3160, it is still showing 18.33.0.2. Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Xoxcatpl,

The driver version in Device Manager is the correct one. Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 18.40 contains different drivers, and the version installed will depend on the OS and adapter model. In your case, 18.33.0.2 is the current driver version for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Xoxcatpl,

The driver version in Device Manager is the correct one. Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 18.40 contains different drivers, and the version installed will depend on the OS and adapter model. In your case, 18.33.0.2 is the current driver version for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160.

0 Kudos
JChee1
Beginner

Thanks for the information. That sets my mind at ease. This AC 3160 adapter must not be a common adapter in this model Envy. HP doesn't have a driver for it on their support site. I bought this on Ebay as an HP Refurbished model.

0 Kudos