Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Unexpected IP Change

Barry_Schwartz
Beginner

I am noticing an unknown IP in my email activity, I am getting a feeling that it is hacked. I am desperately searching for a solution. I am in Florida but my IP address is coming from near Seattle and it is regularly signing into my account through Internet Explorer and Exchange ActiveSync.

However, I have changed my pass and updated security settings just in case.

I don't know if this is the right place to post for it - please help me with this problem. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Barry_Schwartz,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate you had the confidence of reaching us out through the forum; nonetheless, the support that we provide here is more related to technical advice, troubleshooting, and inquiries about our products; consequently, we will need to inform you that your request for help with your internet security is out of our scope of support.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

IP addresses change unless you are like me with a static one. Reason is to rebalance address blocks.

Ignore the location which courts have already held are unrelated to identification

0 Kudos