Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Unfixable Bluetooth lags after upgrading to Windows > 1909

thom220
Beginner

Like other users, I noticed problems with wireless connections after upgrading Windows from version 1909 to 2004 (and also 20H2). My Logitech MX Anywhere 2s Bluetooth mouse has always connected directly via Bluetooth to my new Dell XPS 13 9310 (Killer AX1650s / AX200). Even in the older Windows versions, the mouse always needed about a second to react after short pauses when moving. This could be solved by disabling the option "Computer can turn off the device to save power" in the power options of the Bluetooth device (Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)), which was available in Windows version 1909. With Windows 2004/20H2, this option was removed and brought back the problem.
I have tried various fixes. Various drivers (download via Dell and Intel), complete reinstall of Windows without Dell image, downgrade to 1909 (which brought the capability back), etc. Dell support points out that they do not guarantee 100% compatibility with non Dell products and Logitech refers to the OS manufacturer...

Currently I have installed the driver version 22.20.0.3, but in which the problem still exists. Even a clean reinstallation according to the Intel instructions did not bring any improvement.

Does anyone still have an idea what to try?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

thom220, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides installing Windows* version 2004?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
thom220
Beginner

Hi Albert R.,

• The computer is new. Since the problem existed from the beginning (it was delivered with Windows 2004), I have not yet set it up (installed more software etc.). The computer has only been used to troubleshoot the problem. I know that the problem does not exist with 1909, as some people have advised downgrading to Windows 1909. And it works because it brings back the power management options. But staying on an old Windows version cannot be the solution.
  • The wireless card came installed on the computer.
  • The problem happens at home.
  • You find the SSU report attached.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi thom220, thank you very much for providing that information and providing the SSU report.

Based on the information showing in the SSU report, we can confirm that actually, the laptop is working with an Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 wireless card and in that case, in order to get further assistance on this matter, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Killer support for them to provide further technical support on this scenario:

https://support.killernetworking.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos