Intel Driver & Support Assistant shows 1 update for "Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10. Latest version: 220.127.116.11, Installed Version: 18.104.22.168." However when I attempted to install the update I received an error indicating that the "driver can not be installed on this system".
Hi Wanner G,
Here is what I tried so far...
- I uninstalled DSA using the uninstaller from your most recent email.
- Reinstalled the DSA which again indicated an updated driver was available
- Clicked on button to install the driver
- And again got the error indicating that the driver could not be installed on my system.
- I noticed on the DSA screen a message saying to restart my computer. So I did that and repeated the steps above and got exactly the same result.
I have attached some screen shots and a file with details on my system.
I also wanted to share that the HP Support Assistant tool is also prompting me to update the driver (see screen shot) however note that the version is different from the version that the Intel DSA is showing as current. But when I try to update the driver with the HP Assistant the installation also fails.
Thanks for your help. Please let me know your thoughts and next steps.
P.S. Looks like I can only attach 1 file using this support tool, so I'll send other screen shot in a separate post.
Here are the log files in hopes it will allow Intel to improve the DSA tool. Please let me know if there's any update to the tool that would resolve the problem since I haven't had much luck in working with HP support but I will try again. I'm wondering... could it be an issue with with who has actually signed the driver? Although, that doesn't make too much sense since I can't seem to install the driver downloaded from the HP site either!!! :(