Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Upgrade of intel (R) Centrino (r) wireless-n 1030 Hardware

Ramjik
Beginner

Hi,

Suggest me best solution to upgrade my wifi and bluetooth card for my dell laptop. As wifi is not supported to new routers and working only using mobile hotstop only. 

1) System specs  - Windows 10 with network adapter is intel (R) Centrino (r) wireless-n 1030

Requesting you, please guide me to change hardware requirements of my laptop for better usage of wifi speed and Bluetooth.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Ramjik

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status using the following links:

Regarding your request for assistance to upgrade the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 on your Dell* laptop, it is worth mentioning that the best channel of support for this request is your laptop manufacturer (OEM).

Installation or use of Intel® Wireless Adapters is subject to country-specific legal regulations. As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if the Intel® Wireless Adapters you plan to install is approved for use in your system and country. 

Contacting your system manufacturer is also very important to determine if the Wireless adapter would be compatible with your laptop (e.g.: socket connector, BIOS, operating system, software/drivers, etc.) and if the upgrade is possible. If it is, then they can provide you with the proper steps for this task and recommend the better replacement options for your system/environment.

When the end-user of a system installs a wireless card on a system that did not come with it from the factory, this is what we call "Wireless Integration" and it may cause connection issues or software-hardware errors. Your laptop may not recognize new hardware when you install an Intel® Wireless Adapter for several reasons.

For more information, please review the following links:

Having said that, we kindly recommend addressing this inquiry to Dell* support for the proper assistance: Dell* Support

Also, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos