Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Upgrade wifi bluetooth combo card

Sd70
Beginner
My wifi card Broadcom BCM43142 802.11bgn wifi M.2 adapter.
Want to upgrade with higher end wifi ac Bluetooth 5 or 4.5 5-8 gen card
0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have three recommendations for what you could choose:

• For Wireless-AC, BT 5.1 and throughput of 1700 Mb/s, Intel offers the Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 M.2 card.
  • For Wireless-AX, WiFi 6, BT 5.1 and throughput of 2400 Mb/s, Intel offers the Wi-Fi 6 AX200 M.2 card.
  • For Wireless-AX, WiFi 6e, BT 5.2 and throughput of 2400 Mb/s, Intel offers the Wi-Fi 6E AX210 M.2 card.

The latter two choices offer great Wireless-AC performance, but they really shine when coupled with a Wireless-AX WiFi 6/6e Router.

Hope this helps,

...S

Sd70
Beginner
Thanks a lot please tell me all suggested card support my laptop mboard
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am not sure I understand your question, that's what I already provided.

If you are asking about non-Intel cards, well, go to Reddit or someplace like that; this is the Intel support site and we talk about Intel products here.

...S

0 Kudos
Sd70
Beginner
I am not asking about other products and fond of genuine products simply asking r they match my laptop slots.
Details;
hp-15-ay019tu,
Serial-CND61631RG,
Product- W6T33PA#ACJ )
Thanks for reply
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
That's a 5th gen system. Are you sure it has M.2 connector for wireless? Take a picture of the current wireless card and post it here.
...S
0 Kudos
Sd70
Beginner
Please find in 1st post by me with adapter card configuration screen shot I right click on my wifi adapter
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
No, that is not necessarily correct. Please open back of laptop and take picture of card and socket.
...S
0 Kudos
Sd70
Beginner
Last opened three laptops possibility of false recognition which one of them has the same let me check this one but have no time right now sure back soon
Thanks
0 Kudos
Sd70
Beginner

Card attachedCard attachedMy laptop slots HFMy laptop slots HFAttached card upperAttached card upperLowerLower

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, that is definitely a M.2 Type E card (though I have never seen a hybrid board connector like that). Earlier in the conversation, I listed the M.2 Type E cards available from Intel that meet your BT 5.x criteria. Whether you can actually use any of these cards is something that you will need to determine. Many manufacturers pull slimy moves like building permit/deny lists into their BIOS in order to force people to purchase their upgrades through them. I don't know if this is the case with these products; you'll need to ask HP.

...S

0 Kudos