Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Very weak to no internet connection - Dual Band Wireless AC 3168

aa
Beginner

Hi, so recently I've downloaded a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new SSD. Now i am unable to connect to my WiFi, this has been going on for a few days now. I recently got a USB adapter to make do and it isn't as good but it works. How can I fix this

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did the problems start after you upgraded to Windows 10 2004?

Have you downloaded and installed the latest available Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages? If not, follow this process to do a clean install of these packages:

1. If you haven't already, download (but do not yet install) the two packages from these locations:
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, uninstall any instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software or Intel Wireless Bluetooth. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  4. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  5. In Device Manager > Network Adapters, check for entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168. If none, go to Step 8.
  6. Right click on the entry for your Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 and uninstall it., choosing to "Delete the driver software for this device".
  7. Go to Step 4.
  8. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  10. Install the Bluetooth driver package.
  11. Install the Wireless driver package.
  12. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  13. Enable Internet access.
  14. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos