Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

WIFI ISSUE

JM1
Beginner

Hello

Sorry I was late to answer to Intel Support. To help you to assist, I did the Scan as you requested me. So I have the result to your disposal. Today I did an update of my WIFI pilote but the issue still remains.

Thanks

JM

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JM1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, could you please provide the following information?

1- Please elaborate more regarding the Wi-Fi issue that you are experiencing.

2- Are you having issues with WiFi only or also with Bluetooth too (both)?

3- When did this issue start to happen? Did your system work fine before at any time? Is this a new computer? Please provide details.

4- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

5- Is the Intel® Wireless adapter the original one that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

Also, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JM1
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I'm having issue with WIFI only and it started after a new Windows update. In fact it is the second time that it happens and each time after a window update. The first time it worked again after an update of a pilot. This week I updated the wifi pilot from intel site but wifi still doesn't work.

The intel Wireless adapter is the original one.

I join the result of the scan and other files showing you more information.

Best regards

JM

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@JM1,

Yous issue is typically resolved by doing a clean install of the wireless stack. The process is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30057 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30061
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Disk Cleanup tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JM1

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Based on the screenshot you provided, we noticed that the Wireless card was having a Code 10 error. If the issue persists, we recommend reviewing the suggestions in this link: Code 10 Error in Device Manager for Bluetooth or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JM1

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

If the issue persists, as a final recommendation we suggest contacting your computer manufacturer for additional support and debugging including (if needed) a physical inspection or reset of the wireless card. Official Support | ASUS Global*

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos