Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

WIFI Win10 keeps disconnection and has no range. [Intel R Wireless AC 9260 160 mhz & AC 3168]

Oliota
Beginner

Hi i got a new pc today.
I having the problem that the wifi only has a range about 0m-2m, afterwards it doesnt work.
Im using my phones hotspot on top of the pc right now.

Im having the same issue with my work laptop that also uses an intel wifi.
My router - fritzbox is up to date. So are the intel drivers.

Ive tried older drivers and also changed advanced adapter options 2.4ghz / 5ghz / auto/ 20hz.
Im not sure what to do, i oly got one ethernet cable and this just suxs a lot.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Oliota
Beginner

i went to advanced properties and disabled 802.11n/ac (second entry) and this seemed to have fixed the problem.

anyone a guess whats going on?

0 Kudos
Oliota
Beginner

i mean i now have a rather slow data rate but the signal is more stable and connection doesnt get lost. still annoying. i feel like its a win10 & intel driver issue

0 Kudos
Oliota
Beginner

My router reports that the signal quality for this pc is low with 36%. my hpone thats 5 times further away has a better quality. so its not solved. just annoying i need this wifi

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Oliota

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information for both Wireless cards:

1- Are both wireless cards the original ones that came pre-installed on each computer? Or did you integrate/install them on the computers?

2- Are you having issues with Wifi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

3- When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details. Since one of the computers is new, have you verified with the computer manufacturer/seller for any advice, recommendation or replacement?

4- Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update?

5- Have you checked if this issue happens testing only one of the computers at a time and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).

6- Please provide the exact model of the Fritzbox* router. Is this router AC compatible?

7- Are both computers (new PC and the laptop for work located in the same location/room/house? Do they connect to the same Router? Please provide details.

8- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? 

9- For each of the computers, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the systems. Please provide one separate report for each device:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Oliota

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Oliota

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos