Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

WIFI connection problem/Slow speed

AVana1
Beginner

Sometimes it connects to router but internet is like 20 kbps, speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2746428758.png http://www.speedtest.net/result/2746428758.png . More times it says that: windows was unable to connect Edimax(router).

Troubleshooting says that problem is with WI-FI adapter or access point.

I tried:

Power saving options

Windows repair and reinstalling

Transmit power to High

Newest WI-FI updates(Bios update included)

Laptop Dell Xps 15 L502x

adapter: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000

WLAN works - Perfectly

Windows Network diagnostics says - Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding

Recently I disassembled my laptop to clean from dust. Also changed termo pasta for cores. Can this effect wifi? p.s. while assembling pc all wires were connected correctly. Do I need re-assemble it again to check it out?

So what solutions u can give me? Any Idea?

Best Regards,

Auris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello Auris,

It seems to be the issue is specifically related to your internet connection or configuration. It does not seem to be related to the wireless adapter or its local connection.

Most of the times the DNS is set to automatic, unless your Internet Service Provider gives you a specific configuration; therefore you may check with them regarding your internet connection.

You may verify your wireless adapter DNS settings from Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center (Network and Internet), double click the Wireless Network Connection in use and then click on properties, then double click Internet Protocol Version 4. It is also a good idea to check the router's configuration and update its firmware.

You may also see your local network (not the internet connection) has a higher transfer rate by running the following command in CMD:

netsh wlan show interfaces

Even though the integration of other components does not necessarily affect the wireless adapter we strongly recommend checking about this with the computer manufacturer since Intel Wireless Adapters are meant to be professionally installed by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technicians.

I hope this information helps.

0 Kudos