Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

WIFI disconnects randomly when connect with Bluetooth

Fuller_Wang
Beginner

Hi,

I have Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650w 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200D2W), and I have random disconnects when I connected to any Bluetooth devices. The disconnects are quite frequent and last about 10 to 30 seconds. Sometimes the wireless icon even disappeared.

The problem appeared suddenly around 10 days ago, and I didn't make any changes to my devices or router. It also has nothing to do with my wifi, as both my phone and other laptops have no issues with disconnecting (so there's no trouble with my router). I have updated both wifi and Bluetooth through Intel Driver Support Assistant (all updated).

Just in case, I share some basic info you usually asked here:

• Do you get any Bluetooth issues?

No

• When did it start to happen?

Around 11/25/2022

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?

Not sure, the drivers updated automatically

• Is this a laptop or desktop system?

Laptop

• Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

Both

• Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

My laptop is from December 2020, and I checked and can't find anything.

• What OS version are you using?

Windows 11 Home

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

This is the original

• Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

Checked and happened on different networks (WIFI)

• Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

Yes

• Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

No

• Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Yes

• Did you test other drivers? What version?

Maybe, I always use the lasted one

• What is your current driver version?

Best,

Fuller

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fuller_Wang
Beginner

Today I found a very interesting thing if I use my laptop's battery instead of a cable plug-in, no matter battery saver mood or regular ones, the problem will be solved. It is sooooo weird!!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you are connecting wirelessly using the 2.4GHz band, there are all sorts of things - including Bluetooth itself - that can interfere with the connection. This shouldn't happen when using the 5GHz, however, including because it's on a separate antenna.

That you see a difference when running on battery as opposed to connected to A/C may point to a poorly grounded power signal. You should ensure that the PC is plugged into a wall outlet directly, not into a power splitter, power bar, etc.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos