Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

WLAN 8265, is this a Enterprise Class Wireless Card?

CLe-B
Beginner

Hi

The 8260 states it is a Enterprise Class Wireless Card, but the 8265 states it's a Business Class Card.

What is the difference?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, calb. Thank you for contacting the Intel Community.

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 and 8265 adapters are Business Class Cards. You can check this in the product brief of these two products. Please find them below:

Furthermore, we do not offer Enterprise Class adapters; there are only Business Class and End User.

I hope this helps.

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
CLe-B
Beginner

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

In the past we've only purchased Enterprise Class Wireless Cards for mobile devices Intel Centrino Advanced N-6205.

For a very large campus, several floors and buildings that rely on wireless, we would use devices with a cheap end user home card as not reliable.

So always gone for Enterprise Calls cards for a Enterprise WLAN, so does Business Class adapters are equivalent to enterprise card?

Cheers
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, calb.

Can you please share with us a link or image where the Centrino® adapter is offered as an Enterprise Class Card?

As mentioned above, we only offer Business Class Adapters.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
SSeiy
Beginner

Wondering what the criteria for enterpise and business class wifi is? I know many big company use note pc with intel wifi...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all

calb I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

s486 please bear in mind that Intel® wireless adapters are business class wireless you could find that information on the Intel® wireless adapters product brief as share previously.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos