Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLe-B
Beginner

WLAN 8265, is this a Enterprise Class Wireless Card?

Hi

The 8260 states it is a Enterprise Class Wireless Card, but the 8265 states it's a Business Class Card.

What is the difference?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello, calb. Thank you for contacting the Intel Community.

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 and 8265 adapters are Business Class Cards. You can check this in the product brief of these two products. Please find them below:

Furthermore, we do not offer Enterprise Class adapters; there are only Business Class and End User.

I hope this helps.

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

CLe-B
Beginner

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

In the past we've only purchased Enterprise Class Wireless Cards for mobile devices Intel Centrino Advanced N-6205.

For a very large campus, several floors and buildings that rely on wireless, we would use devices with a cheap end user home card as not reliable.

So always gone for Enterprise Calls cards for a Enterprise WLAN, so does Business Class adapters are equivalent to enterprise card?

Cheers
idata
Community Manager

Hello, calb.

Can you please share with us a link or image where the Centrino® adapter is offered as an Enterprise Class Card?

As mentioned above, we only offer Business Class Adapters.

Antony S.

SSeiy
Beginner

Wondering what the criteria for enterpise and business class wifi is? I know many big company use note pc with intel wifi...

idata
Community Manager

Hello all

calb I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

s486 please bear in mind that Intel® wireless adapters are business class wireless you could find that information on the Intel® wireless adapters product brief as share previously.

Regards,

Leonardo C.