Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

WLAN disconnects - Failure Reason:The driver disconnected while associating

idata
Employee

G'Day from downunder

I work for Education Department in South Australia, I have imaged 30 x HP 210 G1 laptops using WDS / MDT.

I have connected approx. 25 to the wireless lan without any issues, but a couple of these laptops have these messages in the event viewer

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Interface GUID: [SNIP]

Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile

Profile Name: [SNIP]

SSID: [SNIP]

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason:The driver disconnected while associating.

Wireless network association failed.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Interface GUID: [SNIP]

Local MAC Address: AC:FD:CE:4D:23:99

Network SSID: [SNIP]

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason: The driver disconnected while associating.

Dot11 Status Code: 2

These PCs when I manually click connect - Go "Connected" - "Identifying ..." then disconnect & generate the events above over & over & over

When I check the Radius server it has no issues, in fact it says the PC passed & were granted full access !!!

Anyone been thru. this & got a solution besides re-image the PCs

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ng_sa,

This issue may be related to the type of encryption. Windows* connects the best using WPA2/AES security. We recommend that you first contact HP* and see if they have any updates that myght help you resolve the issue: http://support.hp.com/au-en/ HP Customer Support | HP® Customer Support

As a second option, you can use our latest drivers version (18.21.0) found in our Download Center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 make sure to chose the one that is right for your system architecture (32 or 64 bit) and version such as Window® 7, Window® 8.1 and Window®10

idata
Employee

G'Day Aleki

I have had a HP engineer on-site because they are concerned that we have so many with the same issue !!!

They told use to try (Intel) here

I currently have driver version 17.13.0.9 - dated 29/9/2014 - installed, but from your link I can only see 17.1.1531.1764 - dated 22/9/2015 - which seems very strange - these PCs must use Win. 7 64bit Enterprise.

How could 17.1.1531.1764 be newer than 17.13.0.9 ???

TIA

NG

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ng_sa,

There is a new driver that was recently launched. The version is 18.21.0 as informed by GattoNero. Check it out and let us know whether it worked for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

G'Day GattoNero

This is exactly why I asked the questions I did in the OP !!!

Remember I already have 80% of these PCs working fine & I'm wasting a lot of time on this now

When I right click "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" in device manager & click Drive Tab the details are

Provider : Intel

Date : 29/09/2014

Version 17.13.0.9

This is the same for working & non-working PC !!!

So I cant see how this has anything to do with the driver as I'm using WDS/ MDT to image & I have used it to re-image the PCs

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

G'Day Aleki

This makes no difference

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

ng_sa,

Thank you for your time, after researching on this particular issue we recommend that your contact your nearest Intel Contact Center and engage one of our technicians for live assistance.

Click on this link to find the best way to contact our technicians: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support - Should you have any further questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us.

0 Kudos