Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

WMM 802.11e on Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

RQ
Beginner

Hello.

I capture traffic with Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 and get a strange behavior with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 card (WMM certified, driver 19.10.13.1), connected to a Cisco Access point (2702I) with QoS enable.

IP packet are well tagged on both direction (up and downstream) as DSCP 46 for voice traffic by the application, but:

- in downstream, Qos Control Priority (UP) is set to 6 (AC_VO voice) by the access point: this is a correct comportement

- in upstream, no mark of any : this is the purpose of my question

Does the wireless card able to set the WMM UP field? Is anybody have more information about this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Remix,

Thank you for joining the Intel Communities.

Let me do further research about this and come back to you. I will post information on this thread as soon as I have it.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Remix,

Is it possible for you to send to us the network traffic capture you have showing the issue?

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
RQ
Beginner

Hello.

Yes, I upload screenshot of a capture for upstream and downstream frames.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Remix,

Thank you for joining the Intel Communities.

Is it possible for you to provide Over-the-Air (OTA) packet captures so we can investigate further?

Regards,

Fred D.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Remix

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
RHABI
Beginner

Hello, i Got the same issue and tryied capturing packets over the air using network monitor 3.4 and an open ssid, traffic is well marked with qos UP for upstream evenbt that capturing within sender pc dont shows it,

dscp46 => 5 UP as Microsft uses 3 MSP of the dscp to generate UP tag https://clnv.s3.amazonaws.com/2018/usa/pdf/BRKRST-2515.pdf https://clnv.s3.amazonaws.com/2018/usa/pdf/BRKRST-2515.pdf

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Riadh05: Thank you for joining the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread and when you do that, please provide the information requested on the file attached to this post:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Remix,

Thanks for the additional information you sent to me. I will contact you back as soon as I have any information available.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos