Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Wake on WLAN : SSDP-Notify wakes up

Rmust4
Beginner

Hello,

i use the Intel Wireless AC-9260 Chip on the msi b450 gaming pro carbon motherboard, Windows 10 Pro.

Im using the wake on lan via wireless conection. its running well so far, even through a magic packet from the internet.

But when my router, a Fritzbox 7362SL, is sending SSDP Notify Broadcast the PC is waking up.

I cannot disable the SSDP-Notifications because ist part of the "Mesh"-Service in the Fritzbox and it is sending it every 10min or less.

i enabled magic packet and disabled patterns in the settings of the wireless controller.

i attached some screenshots and the rar with wireshark capture of the ssdp-notify boradcast.

i only want to wake the pc by magic packet (from internet).

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In this case, in reference to your question, the problem seems to be related to the Fritzbox 7362SL router configuration and the "Mesh" service that it contains. However, I will do further research on this scenario to confirm if that is the case, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, I just received an update on this matter: In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer? When did the issue start? Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly? Does the problem happen at home or work environment? We recommend installing the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. Since the PC is working with Intel® Wireless-AC 9260, we can always try to install the Intel® generic wireless driver version 20.120.1: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99445 If the problem perists after that, please provide the SSU report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

thanks for your attention.

Is this a new computer? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Well yes, less then a month old. I built up the PC from parts and installed windows to run it.

Was it working fine before?

It IS working fine. No problems in perfomrance or anything else except the WakeOnLan through WIFI.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

The Wifi-Chip is part of the new Mainboard MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

When did the issue start?

I just tried out the wake on lan feature through wifi and after some research it worked well to activate the pc , even through then internet.

But soon i recognized that my pc is waking up after 10min or less automaticly. so i observed my network with wireshark and found the  SSDP Notify Broadcast from my router is waking the board.

And after some research im sure, the SSDP-Broadcast is part of the Fritzbox Mesh Service wich cant be disabled so far.

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Really ? My Internet is working fine.

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Home Enviroment

0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

I updated driver to newest version today. The problem still excisting.

Sorry for doublepost but cant edit Post in mobile phone Well.​

0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

Sorry for so much postings.

My SSU Scan here.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report. We will do further research on this topic, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

Just to inform you. i disabled the IPv6 support in the router but not helped.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, Thank you for letting us know those details, I just received an update on this topic. We just wanted to confirm some information: -How is the Wireshark file captured? Is it captured using the same PC that has the WoWLAN enabled or captured using another PC? -How do you know the system is waked by the SSDP Notify Broadcast frame? -Could you please let us know which packet number in the Wireshark file is the SSDP Notify Broadcast frame you referring to? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

The Wireshark is captured with an other Laptop.

I tested it nearly 10 Times on different days. and there were no other devices active then my sleeping pc, my laptop for wireshakr and the router himself.

And always the pc woke up after the SSDP Notify Broadcast. Not the SSDP M-Search

The SSDP Notify starts at Packet 118 -151.

The PC powers up and the Intel Chip sends a ARP Broadcast at Packet 226.

The IP of the PC with the Intel Chip is 192.168.178.65

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, Thank you very much for providing those details. We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any information I will post it on this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Rmust4, I just received an update on this matter.

Please provide the following information so we can continue with our research on this case:

System information:

Enter "msinfo32" in the Windows* search bar and provide the information showing in there. To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Documentation:

Please fill the information that you will find in the file attached to this thread.

Just to confirm, did you check directly with Frizbox for further suggestions on this subject? If you did, please provide the ticket number they gave you. 

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

the msinfo32 in the attachment. Im not willing to file the intel wirelss document, cause all inrformations are given in the msinfo or above and i dont see any new informations coming with the intel wirelss document.

I didnt contact fritzbox so far with the problem.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Hello Rmust4, Thank you very much for your response and for sharing that information. As soon as I get any results from our research, I will post all the updates in this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, I just received an update on this subject. We just wanted to confirm a few details about your platform, could you please provide the trace file of Wireshark and the service ticket number provided by Fritzbox? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

I attached the trace file in the first post as a rar file.

And like i said before, i have not contacted Fritzbox so far, so no ticket number.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Rmust4, Thank you very much for your response.

We are still currently working on this case, doing further research, could you please provide the System event log?

In order to get the logs, please follow the instructions showing in the file attached to this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

I did like you said. The Log is in the attached rar file.

I hibernate the pc and it comes back at 20:53pm.

i hibernate a second time and it comes back exactly at 21:03pm.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Rmust4, Thank you very much once again for sharing the file, it will be really helpful for us to continue with our research. As soon as I get any more details I will post them in this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

Are there some news?​

0 Kudos
Rmust4
Beginner

Nearly half of a year is gone without results.

0 Kudos