Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7353 Discussions

Wake on Wireless LAN not working - Intel Dual band Wireless-AC 7260

NNabi1
Beginner

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440p with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 which supports WoWLAN, but for some reason I am unable to wake my computer using wireless.

Wake on LAN through the ethernet connection in both sleep and hibernation modes works just fine. The problem is only with wireless. I do have everything checked below as you can see, just like with my Gigabit ethernet card. This is on Windows 10, I never tried it on Windows 8 so I don't know if it would have worked in the past or not. I have the latest drivers installed as well.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello MEA707,

We would like to mention that support for Wake on Wireless LAN is platform dependent, you should always check with the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support to confirm if your PC supports WOWLAN, and how to enable it.

Once you confirm with the PC manufacturer if this is supported, you can try the following steps:

- Disable the option "Only Allow a magic packet to wake the computer", reboot the PC and check if WOWLAN works after this.

- Update the PC BIOS, as well as any drivers recommended by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25833/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=75439 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 and install the most recent version 18.40.0.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello MEA707,

Let us know if you require any additional information or further assistance about this.

0 Kudos
NNabi1
Beginner

Hi Jonathan, my apologies for the late response.

I have the latest PROSet drivers (18.40) installed as well as the latest BIOS for my computer. I did try disabling Magic Packets, but it didn't make a difference.

No problem waking up the computer on LAN, but wireless just isn't working. I'm not too concerned though as I've realized the only time I'll need to wake it up from the phone is when it's plugged in to the LAN.

It's just strange how I'm unable to get it to work despite the wireless card supporting the function. If Lenovo for some reason disabled it, what specifically would they have done to disable it?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

In this case, we would suggest you to check with Lenovo Support: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ Home - Lenovo Support (US). They will be able to let you know if your PC was designed to use Wake on Wireless LAN, or if there is any way you can enable this feature.

Please take into consideration that the Wireless adapter is only one of the components involved in the WoWLAN process. The whole computer has to be capable to do this, otherwise, it will not work.

0 Kudos