Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7440 Discussions

Weak wifi signal windows 10 and Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

MSa
Beginner

Hello,

I just buy a new computer with windows 10 and (desktop computer) Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, I tried to update the driver disable the card everything.

Hovewer I have a very weak wifi signal and my router is 5 meters from my computer. Do you have any idea ?

Marc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello marcsa,

We understand you are experiencing wireless range issues on your brand new computer using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168.

Since this is a desktop computer, you may need to make sure to have properly installed any external antennas if included with your system. Or, if your computer uses internal antennas, you may need to be mindful of where it is placed in order to avoid signal blocking materials.

In order to better assist you, we would like the following information:

1. Interface report.

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show interface

3. Take and share screenshot.

2. Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan for "everything."

3. Save and name the report.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello marcsa,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Please let us know if you're still interested in troubleshooting or if your issue has been resolved.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos