Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

What am I missing? Windows says no updates, IDUU says a few days ago

JStem1
Beginner

Maybe I'm missing something, but continuous "failed" responses on attempting to update through IDUU aren't helping my overarching problem of frequent disconnect troubleshooting

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello esen,

We understand you're having some issues updating to the latest driver for your Intel® Wireless Adapter.

The Intel® PROSet Wireless Software is a driver package that includes the latest published generic driver for all of our current Wireless Products. The PROSet version 19.30.0 includes driver version 18.33.5.1, which is the latest driver for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. The other driver that the IDUU is suggesting is for the Bluetooth* module of your adapter.

It's possible that your wireless adapter could be using the latest OEM driver instead of our generic driver. We always recommend to get the latest wireless drivers published by your computer manufacturer, as their version accounts for modifications and feature customizations made when the adapter was integrated into your system.

Since you're having issues updating to the latest PROSet version, or if you're switching from an OEM driver to our generic version, you will need to perform a clean installation of your wireless drivers to resolve the issue (I will also include the steps to clean install your Bluetooth* driver):

1- Download the latest Intel® PROSet Wireless Software and Drivers, save the downloads to a known location: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26528 Wireless | https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26510 Bluetooth*.

Note: We're including the links to our latest generic drivers, but we always recommend checking with your computer manufacturer for their latest drivers instead.

2- In the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features and uninstall any Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software you find (there should be one for wireless and one for Bluetooth*). When prompted, make sure to choose the option to "Discard Settings"

3- In the Control Panel, go to Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters section, and right click on your wireless adapter and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the "Delete the driver software for this device" if available. Go to the Bluetooth* section and do the same.

4- Remove temporary files: Press the Windows* key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe. Press OK. Select the main drive, usually "C:\". Check mark Temporary Files, and uncheck everything else. Press OK.

5- Reboot your PC.

6- Install the latest Intel® Wireless Driver. Make sure to customize the installation and install all driver components. Do the same for your Bluetooth* module.

After this, you may like to apply our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html recommended wireless connectivity settings.

Please let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello esen,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you.

Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos