Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Where can I access ALL of the release notes for the AC-8265 WiFi adapter?

JVest1
Novice

I need to understand the changes from 20.10.1.3 up to 20.70.6.1 for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
37 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There is usually a link to the Release Notes on the download page for the package. Driver version 20.70.6.1 is the (64-bit only) Windows 10 driver for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 826x adapters. The package that provides this driver is version 20.120.1. On the downloads page for this package (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=94150) you will see that there is a link to the Release Notes (such as they are).

BTW, how I found my way to this page was to open a Windows to https://downloadcenter.intel.com, do a search for "Intel Wireless-AC 8265" and then select the entry for Windows 10. I actually used the Release Notes file to verify that I had the right package.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As for how to get to *all* of the release notes, well, after doing the search, I was at a page that actually contains links for all driver versions. Simply click on the "Show More" button to see the previous versions.

...S

JVest1
Novice

​Thanks for the reply Scott, but the "Show More" is only showing me All of the "Latest Driver Versions", not previous ones. They must have an archive area, but it's not being very obvious to locate. For example, my laptop shipped with version 20.10.1.3 drivers. I would like to be able to read what the subsequent updates 'fixed' in order to determine what issues the current 20.70.6.1 might solve in my organization.

Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, I just wanted to let you know that I sent you an email with the released notes for the Intel® Wireless drivers, please verify your inbox. If you have further questions please post them in this thread. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RSaurugg
Novice

Hi can you send me also the complete Release Notes of the AC-8265 WiFi adapter from previous Versions? thx

0 Kudos
IT_SUP
Beginner

fyi: I did not recieve a reply yet

0 Kudos
RSaurugg
Novice

Maybe the Post is to old?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Alberto_R_Intel,

You have multiple people who are looking for the much the same set of files that you (unfortunately, privately) distributed earlier. Could you please address these requests?

At the same time, I asked you (alas a long time ago now) about getting the driver team to produce a single, living file containing the release notes for the latest and all past releases of the driver package. Have you had any success getting the team to follow through on this? It is the right thing to do.

...S

CC @Ronny_G_Intel 

IT_SUP
Beginner

As i still have not received any kind of reply i started harassing poor Albert_R by replying with this thread to any post he makes hoping to get his attention.

0 Kudos
RSaurugg
Novice

Hey i opened a new ticket and get the release notes per Mail

0 Kudos
j03oe
Beginner

Hello @Alberto_R_Intel 

Would you be so kind as to also send me the full Release Notes for the AC-8265 from 20.10.x.x to 20.70.21.2?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RSaurugg
Novice

Open a ticket by yourself, this one is to old i think you wont get any response to it. have a nice Day

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, I just wanted to check if you received our email and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
pthom5
Beginner

Please send the full release notes to me as well. Full release notes are the minimum any mission critical enterprise customer would expect.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
pthom5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. I will verify with the engineering department to confirm if that information is available. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
pthom5, I sent you an email with the released notes of the Intel® Wireless drivers, please verify your inbox. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
pthom5
Beginner

Received, thank you. I encourage Intel to make these generally available alongside the new firmware.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
pthom5, You are very welcome, thank you for your feedback. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RGuzm5
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Can I also get a copy of all the release notes for the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265?

I have a customer asking for this information and I can only find the latest release notes but not all of them.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JVest1
Novice

​Hello Alberto,

I do not find the email with the all of the release notes, or one with links to them either.

Thank you,

Jeff

0 Kudos