Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Where can I access ALL of the release notes for the AC-8265 WiFi adapter?

JVest1
Novice

I need to understand the changes from 20.10.1.3 up to 20.70.6.1 for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
37 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Hello JVest1, I sent you a private message requesting your current email address for us to send you the Intel® Wireless released notes again. Please verify your inbox. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
RGuzm5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. Sure, we will send you the Intel® Wireless released notes to your email, please verify your inbox. JVest1, I just wanted to check if you received our private message or email? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JVest1
Novice

​I have still not received the release notes or links to them. We is Intel hiding the older versions? Why can't you just post the URLs here so ANYONE that would need o see them has the opportunity?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, We are sorry to hear you did not get our email. Just to let you know, we already sent you the email twice to the address that you submitted, did you check the spam folder? We also sent you a private message requesting your current email address, did you get our message? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree. This is totally ridiculous. Intel should be embarrassed. Someone fold these release notes into a single file (like they should have been from day one) and make sure they are posted somewhere where we can all access them.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, I just wanted to confirm if you received our email or if you saw the private message that we sent you? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JVest1
Novice

Yes I replied a couple weeks ago!

Why is it so frustratingly difficult to get a damn answer from Intel?

Why are the release notes hidden online?

This should have been a couple minute expenditure of my time a month ago, but I’ve had to waste MY time looking on

Intel.com

, Googling, and waiting for answers in a forum.

THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!!!!

Jeff Vest

Technical Engineering Analyst

Enterprise Services & Data - Network

Ascension Technologies

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Hi JVest1, thank you for your response. I received your private message, I already sent you the response to it, please verify your inbox. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JVest1
Novice
I really do not understand why you are replying to me but saying that you are not able to send to me!!?? Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>
0 Kudos
IT_SUP
Beginner

Hello,

As i have fixed several Wireless connection issues by updating to 21.80.2.1 Rev.P I require the release notes for the past versions to learn about how they affected the devices in question.

Please send them to my Inbox as well

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, Please reply back to the private message we sent you previously with the information requested in there, which is an alternative email address where we can send you the Intel® released notes since the one that you currently using might have some restrictions preventing for you to get the email. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JVest1
Novice
Nevermind. I am tired of the Intel charade. This should be publicly available via a URL. We have no email restrictions, unless the file in infected. I will have our National Wireless Team escalate through alternative support channels. Jeff Vest Technical Engineering Analyst Enterprise Services & Data - Network Ascension Technologies 12742 Hamilton Crossing Blvd | Carmel, IN 46032 t: 317-338-2717 | f: 317-583-3893 jeffrey.vest@ascension.org<mailto:jeffrey.vest@ascension.org> [Ascension Technologies]
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, Thank you for letting us know those details. Since you were receiving our private messages with no problems, I will send you the Intel® Wireless Released notes using that method. You should receive 2 private messages that include 12 Intel® Released notes in total. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have got to be kidding. It would take less time for you to coalesce these files into a single file and send that. Better still, make that one file and post it online so that everyone can access it. It is ridiculous that this whole process has occurred. There is nothing in these files that is Intel confidential; if these releases were posted online, then every one of these release note files was publicly available at one point or another anyway.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, I just wanted to confirm if you received our private message with the Intel® Wireless Released Notes. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
JVest1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ACoop11
Beginner

I signed up for an account simply to ask this same question. Can you please provide the Release notes for all versions of Win 10 drivers for the 8265 adapter up through current version? Email me, PM me, or just post them for the public to see like any normal industry professional company SHOULD do. You have people out in the field struggling with issues and may be several versions behind on drivers that need to see ALL fixes up to the current version. Not just the previous 2.

0 Kudos